what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Recently ordered the Meze 99 Noir (aka the Massdrop version of the Meze 99 Classic).

Can’t wait for them to arrive.
Previously owned the Oppo PM3 and Hifiman 400S.

Nice looking cans! I keep musing over buying Senn HD 6XX from Massdrop, but never quite get there. I don't really use my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X as much as I would like because I only like using them in the house due to size.

Incidently, I've just noticed that the HD 6XX are currently on sale for $220... they've been $200 for as long as I can remember... have prices generally gone up as part of the rebrand to Drop, or just these headphones?

Soldato
Nice looking cans! I keep musing over buying Senn HD 6XX from Massdrop, but never quite get there. I don't really use my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X as much as I would like because I only like using them in the house due to size.

Incidently, I've just noticed that the HD 6XX are currently on sale for $220... they've been $200 for as long as I can remember... have prices generally gone up as part of the rebrand to Drop, or just these headphones?

They are amazing can's, one of my fav all a rounders, while I have other better can's the 6xx are so versatile and great for the price IMO.

There has been pricing increase on various massdrop collaboration items and this occurred prior to the rebrand AFAIK. The HD58x for example which I got for $150 has increased to $160 also. HE4XX was $169 and is now $180 etc.

Associate
Finally found a worthy replacement for my 10 year old HD 595's with the HD58X.
Cant say if its any better as i got rid of the HD595 a few months ago and have been using DT 880's so cant compare them side by side but definitely not any worse and seem just as comfy if a little tight but give it 10 years and they should be nice and floppy.
Also got the Brainwavz HM100 , now these i can compare against my goto closed back Beyerdynamic DT 770 and these not only sound better but isolate any outside noise a lot more , so the 770's will be getting retired and probably the 880's as well.
Was a bit dubious about getting the HM100 after seeing Z's review of them but he also slated the Creative E5 which i also think is fantastic.

TGWhRdp.jpg

Soldato
Recently picked up some 250ohm DT990 pro’s. So far loving them for the price they cost. They stand up very well compared to other more expensive sets I own and have tested before.

I can’t say I use headphones that much anymore, probably a few hours a week at home but certainly very nice. Especially with my STX2.

Soldato
I'm after some true wireless earphones for running. I appreciate that none of them are likely to be audiophile quality, but for exercise my priorities are the fit, connection strength, and resilience. I've heard good things about the Jabras but has anyone tried the new Creative Outlier Airs? They're half the price and get excellent reviews!

Soldato
AKG 712s for wired
CH700N for bluetooth
Airpods for the gym

Topping amp/Atom for gaming
Fiio portable amp for laptop use

God thats nearly £700 in audio equipment.. and I'm pretty sure I'm at the lowish side of mid range.

Soldato
I'm after some true wireless earphones for running. I appreciate that none of them are likely to be audiophile quality, but for exercise my priorities are the fit, connection strength, and resilience. I've heard good things about the Jabras but has anyone tried the new Creative Outlier Airs? They're half the price and get excellent reviews!

For some cheapies, you have to check out the Mpow Bluetooth headphones (earphones) on Amazon. They're on £20 odd and I have no idea how they pack all the tech in for £20, but my mate bought some and I'm amazed for the money.

Soldato
Anyway, got a new addition to my headphone setup.

Marantz Hd-DAC 1 for music with my Sennheiser HD660s.

Sennheiser PC373D for gaming.

New AKG Y500 for out and about . Love them

Soldato
Just got myself something very out of character, some Sony Extra Bass 950 wired. For £50 im very happy with them. There my first ever over ear headphones as i much prefer in-ears for sound quality, but for long periods they can make my ears hurt hence getting these.

I don't know much about over ears but does anyone make them with multiple drivers in? These are just a single 30mm driver, whereas my in-ears have 3 individual drivers for lows, mids and highs.
Taking me a while to get used to the bulk of them, to carry them my only option seems to be the fully extend the head band and leave them around my neck.

I dont think id like these extra bass if i couldnt to some degree adjust the sound. Thankfully my DAP has plenty of adjustment to keep the bass in check and open up the mids and highs.

Soldato
No real need for multiple driver headphones, but saw a review of the Bluedio U Plus (I think) on Unbox they'reTherapy and meant to have a lot of bass.

Also check out Z Reviews on YT of the 1more triple driver headphones.

Soldato
Current state of the collection:

Headphones:
Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro
Sennheiser HD650
HiFiMan HE400i
AKG K702 (modded)
Beyerdynamic DT990 pro
Sony MDR-1A
Sony MDR-100AAP

Source: PC running JRiver Mediacenter > Schiit Modi Multibit > Schiit Vali 2 (with Mullard 6DJ8 tube)

IEMs:
Fidue A73
Brainwavz B150
Brainwavz B100
Tennemak Pro
Tennemak Piano
RHA MA750

Source: Fiio X1 or (Motorolla G7)

Last edited:
Associate
Current state of the collection:

Headphones:
Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro
Sennheiser HD650
HiFiMan HE400i
AKG K702 (modded)
Beyerdynamic DT990 pro
Sony MDR-1A
Sony MDR-100AAP

Source: PC running JRiver Mediacenter > Schiit Modi Multibit > Schiit Vali 2 (with Mullard 6DJ8 tube)

IEMs:
Fidue A73
Brainwavz B150
Brainwavz B100
Tennemak Pro
Tennemak Piano
RHA MA750

Source: Fiio X1 or (Motorolla G7)
Does the 1990dt have smoother/less treble then the dt990. I really want to get the dt990 again but the treble was to much the first time.

Currently using the k702 which I love. Prefer them hugely over the k712 which I thought were not great at all. I've also got the hd58x which again a don't like at all and have given to my wife. Tempted to get the 660s or the 600 again

Soldato
Does the 1990dt have smoother/less treble then the dt990. I really want to get the dt990 again but the treble was to much the first time.

I'm 62, so my hearing smooths out any treble spikiness - as for everything else, I find them to be in a different league to the 990's

Soldato

Currently using the k702 which I love. Prefer them hugely over the k712 which I thought were not great at all. I've also got the hd58x which again a don't like at all and have given to my wife. Tempted to get the 660s or the 600 again

I have the 660S and they are amazing. Bought and sold the K712, HD650, Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon, Fidelio X2 (twice), Grado SR225e plus a load of others and they win hands down. Just my opinion though.

Soldato
Hi Guys

I'm looking to get some wireless headphones for Calls, Music, movies etc whilst I travel and I've managed to get it down to the two units below

- Bose Soundlink AE2 (Black & Grey)
- Sennheiser HD 4.50

Can anyone comment on these please, I've had Sennheiser before (wired for gaming) and they seemed really good

Thanks

Soldato
Hi Guys

I'm looking to get some wireless headphones for Calls, Music, movies etc whilst I travel and I've managed to get it down to the two units below

- Bose Soundlink AE2 (Black & Grey)
- Sennheiser HD 4.50

Can anyone comment on these please, I've had Sennheiser before (wired for gaming) and they seemed really good

Thanks

AKG Y500, but they are on-ear as opposed to over. They sound bloody good though. And they fold down small.

Back
Top Bottom