• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why do people avoid palit cards?

Associate
Only ever had one card fail. It was a Palit 1080 and it was the most I'd paid for a card ever. Got it via another etailer and failed near the end of the warranty period. Had about a 2 month argument to get a full refund but prices had gone up significantly so had to fork out even more to get another 1080.

Next big card purchase I'll seriously consider Zotac for longer warranty.

Had a quick Google about extended warranty on EVGA cards someone mentioned. Will also consider that. Do any other manufacturers do a similar scheme?

Associate
When I bought my Palit 1080 I didn't really give much weight to the warranty, prioritising specification, looks and price above it. I've been considering an RTX 2080ti and after the issues these cards have had along with the price they are now at I think getting a long UK based warranty would be my primary concern when making a purchase.

Soldato
The only Palit card I’ve ever bought was a used 760 for a friends PC. Aside from being a blower design card, the build quality is actually pretty good. They’re a company I have avoided based purely on warranty. What makes things even more difficult is you have Zotac entry level cards with up to a 5 year warranty for much the same £.

The one exception I’d make would be a 2 year warranty over a 3 year MSI on a card like this:

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GTX-970-4GD5T.html

(Has the build quality of an early 90’s Grundig VCR)

Associate
I once had a Palit GTX 580 pre-overclocked card back when Dragon Age 2 came out. Rubbish game which kept crashing so I assumed it was the game. Then I had the Heaven benchmark crash when on max settings with AA so tried downclocking the GPU to stock and all problems went away. Replaced it with an ASUS 580 a few months later. Never been a fan since but I guess their build quality and testing has probably nothing to do with how they were 10 years ago.

[Checked my OCUK order history. Fun trip down memory lane. £380 for the top end card so I bought 2 for SLI :D ]

Last edited:
Soldato
When someone mentioned Palit, the first thing that pops in my mind is still always their GTX460 768MB card cutting corner with no heatsink on the vrm and kill itself overtime :p

May be that image got stuck :D

Asus did that with some of their cards (like their Vega ones). But then Asus is a different story, the most expensive but **** :/

Associate
I've had my Palit GTX 1070 Gamerock for over 3 years now, works just as well as it did when I pulled it out the box, would definitely go with Palit again in the future.

Associate
They used to sell under the Gainward brand in teh EU. Not sure why that changed. Gainward made some of the best cards back in the day.

My gainward 4600ti golden sample was an absoulte beast.

Back
Top Bottom