How does Riotoro builder edition compare to Integrator?

Soldato
so I got an h110m-s2h board, I needed to repair couple socket pins, I purchased an i3 6100 to test it, I had 4gb ram from my Ryzen build, I needed a power supply to test it all and on the same day(yesterday), so I found a computer shop and the cheapest unit they had was this Riotoro builder thing, 500w, was £40, but i couldn’t do any better and at the time of day, anyways the system works, but while it’s 80 white and Jonny guru rates it close to 450bv or whatever, I am wondering how it fairs to the aerocool integrator 500w 80 bronze I have?.

https://imgur.com/a/NmRfKeQ

Man of Honour
The bad is that it's not even 80+ bronze and is only the basic 80+ white which in my opinion is a pointless rating and should be gotten rid of. Bronze should be the lowest efficiency rating although I personally wouldn't buy a psu rated less than gold and with household electricals being more and more efficient pc power supplies should be moving the same direction.

The good is that all of the 500w is available on a single 12v rail which is more than the 456w the Integrator 500w is capable of. The cables look good and .are black with black plugs and are either ribbon cables or braided. It has a 3 year warranty which is 1 year more than the Integrator 500w. Sirfa is the oem who I would say is slightly better than the awful HEC that builds the Integrator. About the only good thing going for the Integrator is that it's bronze rated.

Soldato
OP
Ha thanks for reply.

Yeah I agree and normally I don’t buy bronze ones unless it’s Corsair/evga or in my case the silverstone that powers my Ryzen, it was just that I was away at my partners building this and purchased a crappy system off fb that had a jeantech psu, but ended up only only having single 4 pin cpu, so needed something more instantly to test my repair of the motherboard socket as I purchased cpu on the way to hers, just so happened this little computer shop I found had these Riotoro units as their cheapest stock item that they use in their computer systems they sell, it was £60 or something for an evga 500w bronze :rolleyes:, I needed to keep costs down.

Well that evga 450bv is a better brand, but budget based to which this Riotoro compares too, so can’t be too bad.

I3 6100
8gb ram
Gtx 950
About 3 or 4 hard drives
4 case fans

This is all it needs to power, it’s going to be my secondary which won’t always be used to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom