Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Man of Honour
Good signing for United, I've already said what I think of Maguire in this thread and he's head and shoulders above any CB United have imo.

Given the options, I think so too, and he's already used to the league etc. Hopefully he can raise his game and push on a bit more, still fairly young for a CB.

Want Bruno Fernandes next and then a striker if Lukaku leaves.

Permabanned
Given the options, I think so too, and he's already used to the league etc. Hopefully he can raise his game and push on a bit more, still fairly young for a CB.

Want Bruno Fernandes next and then a striker if Lukaku leaves.

Is Fernandes the real deal? For me i wished we kept Herrera and added Maguire and Ronaldo just what United needed people who are professional and motivated. If Woodward hurrys up and gets this done we could sniff around Ronaldo and see if they
need cash for De Ligt. Who better to replace Lukaku?

Ronaldo could be a striker for 4 years!

Soldato
Sky and other papers reporting were wanting countinho back 2 year Loan deal then 88m

Now I'd take him back 100% however its a complete ******** story so don't get how it's got picked up by so many!

Don
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He'd box off everything for us - world class cover in the front 3 and a magician in midfield. I can't see us ever paying £50m+ on a 27 year old attacker though, even if the reports are a 2 year loan deal with the option to buy him.

Caporegime
OP
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He'd box off everything for us - world class cover in the front 3 and a magician in midfield. I can't see us ever paying £50m+ on a 27 year old attacker though, even if the reports are a 2 year loan deal with the option to buy him.
27’s not old. Anything up to £70m would be a steal for Coutinho.

Don
27’s not old. Anything up to £70m would be a steal for Coutinho.
27 for Liverpool is probably 29 for most other clubs given the tempo we play at. As long as Klopp's at the club I don't think you'll ever see us with attacking players, playing regularly, over the age of 29. To spend big money on somebody that you are only expecting 2-3 prime years out of and will then have little resale value isn't the sort of deal Liverpool you'd expect Liverpool to do.

Caporegime
OP
27 for Liverpool is probably 29 for most other clubs given the tempo we play at. As long as Klopp's at the club I don't think you'll ever see us with attacking players, playing regularly, over the age of 29. To spend big money on somebody that you are only expecting 2-3 prime years out of and will then have little resale value isn't the sort of deal Liverpool you'd expect Liverpool to do.
Maybe in the past when Liverpool were making up the numbers and trying to build, but now they’re top dogs with City. A little tweak like Coutinho could have been worth the extra two points you needed to win the title. That’s worth the transfer fee in itself.

Don
Maybe in the past when Liverpool were making up the numbers and trying to build, but now they’re top dogs with City. A little tweak like Coutinho could have been worth the extra two points you needed to win the title. That’s worth the transfer fee in itself.
No club in Europe is run more in a number crunching way (both from a football and financial pov) than Liverpool - we're not going to do deals based on could have been's. We've built the squad we have by not doing deals like signing Coutinho at this stage of his career. All our major transfers have been players approaching their prime, before their value has gone through the roof, not when they've reached their prime and or are on their way into decline. In the same way, I fully expect Liverpool to look to sell Salah in the next couple of years - get nearly all his peak years out of him and then sell him just before his value begins to drop. They won't be replacing him with a 27 year old though.

It's not my money though so I'd love Liverpool to sign Coutinho, I just don't believe it'll happen.

Back
Top Bottom