• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD Ryzen 1200 Thread ***

Soldato
Been messing with this lil £50 chip.

Can get 3.83Ghz + 200 on the offset, is rock solid. Anything above seems to need to much volts for my liking.

Weirdly it seems to cope with everything I throw at it, gaming, productivity, whilst it runs cool and use little power.

Why is this chip not more popular ?? xD

Great entry level way onto the AM4 platform and can upgrade to a huge array of chips later on.

PC gaming doesn't have to be expensive ?!

Soldato
OP
I've had the 1200 in 3 budget builds I've done recently... Performs great for under £100 CPU... Tempted to get one this week to fill the gap before getting a 2600.

I completely missed this chip when it launched, it's a lil monster. At around £50 brand new.. Highly recommend this for all budget builds. Would be tough to find anything else to beat it on price VS performance.

I'm messing with this chip atm, seriously wandering if I even need my 3700X xD

Soldato
I completely missed this chip when it launched, it's a lil monster. At around £50 brand new.. Highly recommend this for all budget builds. Would be tough to find anything else to beat it on price VS performance.

I'm messing with this chip atm, seriously wandering if I even need my 3700X xD

It is a beast for the price... Even used I've seen a few for around £40 which is nuts!! Don't know why AMD bothered bringing out the 3700X :p

Soldato
I've built a couple of systems with this cpu and 8gb ddr4 and a "low end gpu", and each time they surprised me as to how well they perform. For the money, they are absolute stonkers for budget gaming, and I got both of mine up to about 3.9ghz ish. I really cannot understand why they haven't got the recognition they deserve.
Another cpu that deserves a mention is the 1400, 4 cores/ 8 threads and performs even better, BUT, the price increase doesn't justify the difference, if they could be got s/h for around £50-£60 then they'd be my choice

Back
Top Bottom