• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
The mobo led’s go off, but the ram ones stay on all the time.

Yea, i only mentioned it because people were saying your PSU has a problem because of the clicking when powering the system on and off when that's normal for some PSUs.

It's probably been mentioned but have you tried reflashing the BIOS using Q-Flash plus?

Soldato
Just to clarify, q flash plus is the option where you plug the usb stick with the extracted bios files to the q flash port and press the button on the mobo?
Put the x570-aorus-ultra_f4f file onto a usb stick, go into the bios and select Q flash and do it that way. Should take around 1 minute to complete.

Soldato
I don't know why but i keep getting random spikes with the fans in my system.

I have set all fans to silent in the bios including the board fan yet every 30 seconds or so they all ramp up and down, pc is literally just sitting idle.

Soldato
I don't know why but i keep getting random spikes with the fans in my system.

I have set all fans to silent in the bios including the board fan yet every 30 seconds or so they all ramp up and down, pc is literally just sitting idle.

I went a bit posh and got a Corsair Commander Pro thingy, have profiles on a per game basis :p Like now fans run at 800rpm for general use, Battlefield is set for 1200rpm as that pins both the GPU and CPU hard, and ofc sets the correct RGB to match :D

Permabanned
Just took the plunge on an asrock taichi, 8 pack ddr4 3600 and a 3800x. Havent been AMD since the Athlon 64

Edit...

I actually got the 4000mhz ram, will i be able to down clock it to 3600 and maybe tighten the timings?
Get my timings in and proffit should work at 3666 if not srop to 3600 and change trfc from 293 to 288

Associate
I take it as existing stocks of motherboards with older BIOS are gradually replaced with newer BIOS the Zen 2 will just 'work' in the future?

Permabanned
I can’t get to bios, pc won’t even switch on
Giga**** for ya remember when on zen1 they had official bios that was overvolting and frying cpus lol.

Not sure about gigabyte. But try this. Power down rurn psu off or take canble out of it if u cant. And while holding power button on case press cmos clear. That helped me out few times but in asus

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Fits in perfectly between the 3700 and 3900. Bit more headroom for OCing, especially once the platform stabilizes.
thats what everyopne said with zen 1 and zen+.. Sorry to break Your bubble but neither overclocked better from day1 to last. You could drop required volts for stability by 100-200mv but not gain any more clockspeed. And Memory overclocking got better BUT its alrd great on Zen2

Associate
thats what everyopne said with zen 1 and zen+.. Sorry to break Your bubble but neither overclocked better from day1 to last. You could drop required volts for stability by 100-200mv but not gain any more clockspeed. And Memory overclocking got better BUT its alrd great on Zen2

I'm not sure about that. Every core on my My 3700x can hit 4400 but under PBO then just about touch 4.3 for the briefest of moments. PBO is awful right now and isn't boosting correctly. I would certainly think we will be seeing that improve over the coming months.

The problem everyone seems to be having is the lack of boost hitting the on the box cover.

Back
Top Bottom