• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I wonder why the y announced it as the one for the gamers. Hardly much between the 3700x and 3800x at all.

Given all the other odd stuff going on I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't boosting correctly and we're not seeing the real picture. I think it's too early to get meaningful performance figures.

I'm going to see how it all pans out over the next week before diving in too deep.

Soldato
Saying that, it's only one review so far so plenty can change.

Edit. Probably right troezar.

I'm planning on leaving it a few months anyway so hopefully everything is settled and easier for a simpler person like me.

Soldato
I went a bit posh and got a Corsair Commander Pro thingy, have profiles on a per game basis :p Like now fans run at 800rpm for general use, Battlefield is set for 1200rpm as that pins both the GPU and CPU hard, and ofc sets the correct RGB to match :D
Does that sit outside the case or in? Not sure it's worth £60 though :p

Soldato
Does that sit outside the case or in? Not sure it's worth £60 though :p

Inside, it uses an internal USB header :) I wouldn't normally but that kinda thing. But I decoded to go all out on my new build. I have a corsair keyboard and fans so I figured it'd be ideal to tie them all together. The icue software is pretty decent to be fair also. It's a shame the Gigabyte rgb can't be controlled by it too.

Associate
That's the one. I'm thinking 3700x now - should be a decent upgrade over my 4770k. And keep the extra £160 for my next gpu upgrade in a few years (who am i kidding, I can't keep the money that long!).

Soldato
I can’t get to bios, pc won’t even switch on

Do you have the physical Q-flash button the board? On my Aorus Pro it is near the Memory slots on the right hand side.

Not sure of the exact steps to follow but if its anything like the Asus X99 board I have you put the bios on a memory stick, put the memory stick in the specified USB slot, turn the board on and then press and hold the bios flash button. On the X99 board it flashed until it finished.

Associate
I see, ta. :)

Its almost like broadband with its "upto" speeds.
My broadband consistently hits or exceeds its up to speed pretty much all the time although it does sometimes slow a bit, AMDs boost speeds
are more like a hopeful fantasy. None of the chips seems remotely capable of maintaining their boost speeds in any meaningful or useful way.
It's a speed they hit with one core if you're extremely lucky and not doing anything remotely taxing. And who really gives a **** what input voltage you put through the CPU if there's zero overclocking headroom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom