DESPERATE for help

Associate
6fe2c38cfb039149d4546827e88ec986.jpeg

Was wondering if anyone can help.

There are 3 laptops/ conputers in my house. All 3 have different origin accounts. (Mine, son and daughter).

Whenever we try to add a game to the cart on any device we get the message above.
My son is trying to downlod the sims add on pack.

Ive been in touch with origin and they say its because we are using a vpn and the country does not match their details.
I told them i live in the uk and they said that our connection was not from the uk.

Steam is ok and ubisoft is also ok.

My home internet is with vodafone and has been for 2 years. The last purchase from any account using origin was fifa 19 on christmas day 2018.

I cant actually access any vpn website on any device and my actual router does not support built in vpn.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Associate
OP
{
If EA/Origin have a mobile store, can you buy it via your phone when connected via mobile data rather than wifi?

Hi yes using through 4g data with tesco mobile is working fine but as soon as i connect via the home broadband it gives me the message

Soldato
Check your IP address, see if Vodafone have issued you one from another country. Had Plusnet start issuing people with US IP addresses a while back which caused no end of problems.

Soldato
Yep, well at least your public IP is showing UK location.

Can you try that same site from each of your PC's?

Nowadays people can install browser extensions as a VPN.

If they're all showing as UK, then i'm not quite sure what the Origin support was going on about - might be worth speaking to them again and calling them out on the location stuff.

Associate
Ok your ip address is definitely a uk address on vodafone.
Get back to Origin imho.

Also can you do the ip details from the actual pc's incase there is something odd going on - not on a phone.

Edit to say, as per above poster, do this from the PC's not a phone.

Soldato
How do i check? Just using google?

Think its 84.**.**.**

Try the link I posted. If it reports an incorrect location, access your router settings by typing 19168.1.1 into your search bar. Then, change the geo location settings accordingly.

Edit, I should learn to read. Also, try it from your pc, not your iphone.

Associate
I am no network wizz by any stretch of the imagination, but that iplocation report above shows 2 public facing IPs in 2 different cities (both still in the UK). Could this be screwing up Origin?

Soldato
I also have this issue and on VF. Was with BT, but VF half price for same speeds (limited at my location). Had no issue with BT, but have done so since moving to VF.

Like you, though, IP shows as if from UK. But going on to Origin, UPlay, cdkeys is set as India. Could select UK and buy through my mobile data though. Managed to get origin set to UK store, came up with a prompt yesterday funnily enough after logging in where I want to set my store location too. Only thing I was messing around after getting sick of things and trying anything was changing the DNS. Since then seem to be showing as UK in most the normal spots thankfully though could be a coincidence.

EDIT: to add, I moved to using Cloudflare's DNS. Before that using stock VF half stuff seemed blocked and others like Googles to no avail. As I say could be a coincidence, but only thing I changed at the time to get things showing as UK as default location.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom