• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 3000/Zen 2 review thread

Soldato
Not sure how stable it is TBH, as I only managed to get 20-30 mins of testing various voltages, I need more time but I keep having to answer e-mails, phones and talk to people it is annoying!
Try OCCT Large Data Set AVX2. Always craps out within 5 minutes even with a -0.25 V offset, for me at least.

Associate
Guys everyone can 1V @ stock speeds (yes it is boosting to max boost of your processor) but you will loose 20% performance. Dont believe this crap.
I can do it too with my processor, it wont crash and i can run CB20 with no issues but like i said, you will have a ~20% performance hit.

Permabanned
Guys everyone can 1V @ stock speeds (yes it is boosting to max boost of your processor) but you will loose 20% performance. Dont believe this crap.
I can do it too with my processor, it wont crash and i can run CB20 with no issues but like i said, you will have a ~20% performance hit.
Only a nut job will do this 1V crap.

Soldato
Seems to work a bit like Vega. Undervolt helps keep it cool but the chip adapts to run at lower clock speeds. I mean if you want a cooler running system a slight undervolt can probably help and only reduce performance by a couple of percent, but anything significant is going to ruin performance.

Associate
Reading that it makes you wonder why AMD even bothered with the 3800X?

tumblr_lsgyvqLbCW1qbybn4o1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom