Being asked to confirm your neighbour’s name

Soldato
Morning.

I have strong suspicions but would be interested to get some more opinions on this.

A casually dressed person with a tablet in their hand and no ID asked me to confirm if my (my neighbour’s name) lived next door.

I asked them if they had a delivery. They said no. I asked what it was about. They said they couldn’t tell me. I told them that I therefore couldn’t tell them who did or didn’t live next door.

The person and driver drove off in a scirocco after sitting outside next door for a few minutes after our exchange.

Not impressed by this on both sides for obvious reasons.

What do you think could have been going on?

Thanks.

Caporegime
Were they wearing black? Is he due to travel to Area 51 for the Facebook event? Don’t tell them anything man... :eek:

Soldato
The fact that you didn't answer is basically a yes anyway.

You'd be pretty quick to spurt out "no" without any thought if they asked if somebody you'd never heard of lived nearby.

Soldato
As others have said, even if it was something like debt collectors, they'd have no problems showing you their ID.

Perhaps they're gangsters, or a local mafia?

Soldato
It's interesting that they wanted you to spill your information. But didn't want to tell you what it was about.

I think you did the right thing.

I work on the theory that if the situation was the other way around, would you be happy if your neighbours give your details away to a stranger? Me neither.

Back
Top Bottom