Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
Just got a nice bargain of the bay a new T300rs steering wheel which will allow me to have rotating paddles.

Hoping l might be able to use one fixed paddle as a Handbrake with my T500rs Base?

Will let you know when l get it.

Whale's here l come.:D

Soldato
I am not 100% certain but as it is an oculus funded title, i *think* it is an oculus store exclusive.
i would not bet my life on it however

edit... I take it back. according to codies blog. It does sound like on steam you are stuck with steamVR however.

VR for DiRT Rally 2.0: Available Now on Oculus and Steam

Soldato
I saw that bit but the main steam page only indicates Vive and Index support. Oculus is up on their store but you have to pay full price there.

IF it doesnt work on the rift it will be the 1st VR title actively blocked.... (actually i take that back, google earth actively blocked the rift for a while whilst they worked on getting touch support working - though it was easily gotten around)

I will be dumbfounded if this is the case here, however am sure owners will tell us soon.

Soldato
Only says OpenVR on the Steam patch notes so no native Oculus :confused: but will still work.
It will absolutely work with rift, however loads of reports of huge stuttering, no native oculus support with steam version...
Seems to me an absolute kick in the teeth and a shocking way to handle a VR release, early adopters with Rifts expecting VR have been let down massively, Codies have a lot of explaining to do.

Unplayable at the moment for me, VR feels so jittery, its always stuttering and almost feels like its always trying to readjust the head position. They kept the release dates very quiet for a long time and dropped it out of nowhere, they should have just kept schtum and kept working on it, VR is not ready for release in its current state.
What a huge let down.:(

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder if the Oculus store version runs any better ? I'm only interested in VR so haven't purchased it yet. Also, how does the Oculus store version handle the DLC side of things because if those can't be added, it's going to be very restricted on content.

Soldato
how does the Oculus store version handle the DLC side of things because if those can't be added, it's going to be very restricted on content.
It dosnt apparently... Yet, it is coming from what I've heard, you also cannot MP with Steam Version players, but leaderboards are connected.

Only read 2nd/3rd hand reports for Oculus store version performance, those indicate towards smooth performance, however, no indication of graphical settings/Hardware spec.
I sure aint giving them more money for Oculus version even if it does run perfectly.

Associate
Obviously commercial reasons why Codemasters have split up the native VR support. As someone with a Rift whose next headset is likely to be an Index this puts me in an awkward position. Think I'll wait and see if native Rift support turns out to be a timed exclusive for the Oculus store. That or wait until I have actually bought my next headset.

Associate
After reading again. There might be another deluxe pack to buy? Unless your super deluxe? There only seems to be a deluxe upgrade store package for sale at the moment. Maybe another will be released 27th Aug. Maybe hence the sale.

Here’s an overview of what you’ll find in Seasons 3 & 4 of DiRT Rally 2.0. All content is available individually or as part of the Seasons 3 & 4 Deluxe Content Pack.

If you’re a Standard Edition player you can receive all 4 Seasons of content with the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year Pass.

If you’ve yet to pick up DiRT Rally 2.0 the Super Deluxe Edition will get you everything from Seasons 1-4, along with the base game!

The original Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0contains Seasons 1 & 2 only, as does the original Deluxe Content pack.

EDIT: also can’t see a “year pass” maybe to come also.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Is season 3 and 4 part of the existing deluxe dlc pack?

i dont think you get 3 & 4 in the deluxe version. think it covers just upto season 2.

the new rallycross stage estering is amazing fun. i dont normally like rallycross but im addicted to that stage at moment.:D

Back
Top Bottom