Car Hire : Goldcar and Carflexi.com

Soldato
OP
If it was so important, why not get a cab?

Because I live in a small Fenland Town that has about 2 buses a day and taxi's are a major pain, I thought it was all going to be sorted on Sunday, the only car hire places actually open were at Airports hence my trip to Stansted yesterday.

I need a car for the rest of the week so I thought I'd have it dropped off, as obviously I couldn't pick up.

When I spoke to AVIS Customer Service yesterday they assured me that it would probably be dropped off pretty early, clearly this wasn't true ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Finally got a car (Fiat 500, swanky) from Enterprise, ok they were late but it was unavoidable due to an accident and both the office and Tom (nice lad who picked me up) let me know they were running late.

Night and day a different experience to my last two attempts!

Obviously this whole story was just a figment of my imagination, at least it had a happy ending:)

Soldato
OP
No, I wasn't going to "reward" a company with my business that hadn't kept up their side of the bargain, it's really not rocket science is it!

Maybe when he was late dropping the car off I should have invited the poor lamb for a head massage and made him a cup of tea, after all god forbid somebody should actually want to do a reasonable job without throwing their toys out of the pram, god it must be such an inconvenience when you get a customer that actually refuses to accept **** service.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shock twist. Didn't read T and Cs got stung. It amazes me how many people will just sign away without reading.

Also any electronic bill is the exact same format that would be posted to you so you can just print it off yourself and they would be none the wiser.

Soldato
OP
Really, bank statements aren’t standard A4 paper and I’m pretty sure the last time I did actually get a phone bill this wasn’t A4 either (also duplex printed with stuff that isn’t on the pdf/electronic statements)

I’m pretty certain you could tell a “home printed” version of an electronic bill/statement a mile off, they insisted that it had to be a "postal paper based statement", not a printout.

As for not reading through 8 pages of T&C you got me there, I guess your the kinda guy that’s reads every word of the Microsoft EULA before you tick agree ;)

carflexi and Goldcar should clearly state in on the front screen of the website that unless you have a paper based bill then your stuffed, it should not be squirrelled away in T&Cs. In this day-n-age there most be millions of people that don't get "paper" based statements or bills anymore.

As I explained in my original post other companies use an electronic system to ensure the ID of there customer matches their address.

Last edited:
Associate
Just to add a bit of balance re Goldcar. Ive used them 3 times now (albeit in Spain) and never had an issue.
However, the main thing to watch out for is to check the car scrupulously before leaving and report any damage. I take loads of pictures and video round the car.
Also, ensure you have extra waiver insurance (I get mine yearly in the UK for about £40) as theirs is a rip off.

Back
Top Bottom