• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Associate
3700X, Gigabyte X570 Pro, Vengeance Pro 3600
b53jLxn
20190715-072811.jpg

Associate
Oh really? Nice. I only tried messing with RAM settings.

You can test it by using the creative button and just changing a clock and vcore, or gaming I suppose. Well, it does work but sometimes if you have other mem settings non auto it will ask for reboots.

I think I helped :D

Associate
I keep seeing reference to -0.1v offset voltage. Where in the gigabyte master bios do you go to set this?

Under the tweaker tab set CPU vCore to normal then you can set the dynamic vCore below it.

I'm at work but struggling to resist the temptation to run benches and tinker with settings over RDP, never ends well.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok so i originally ordered the 3800x but due to the fiasco trying to get one (cancelled order 3 times due to shift in delivery dates, and also due to suspected scam seller) i have now just opted to buy a 3700x, will look at getting a refresh chip next year and building a new rig for my youngest son with the 3700x then :)

Im migrating my stuff to my new x570 taichi this weekend when the chip arrives, whats peoples recommendations for getting the most from the chip? Stick everything to auto and let it do its own thing? or dial in a manual OC with as low voltage as i can get without gimping performance?

Will be using 16gb of G-Skill 3600mhz C16 Ram and an Evga CLC 280 AIO, what kind of temps should i be looking at for daily use, Idle / load (gaming load)?

Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom