This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Woke up and took preventative pain killers in case a hangover appears. Tried to stick to beer last night, but had a red wine and a glass of champagne at the end of the night, think I got away with it!

Was at a colleague's place for a garden party with his and some other colleagues/kids, but was also 6th anniversary with my girlfriend. Got home at 11pm and went straight out to the Amazon locker to pick up a very last minute anniversary present.

I think I've nailed this weekend so far and should now stay on the sofa all day for fear of blowing it :p

Caporegime
OP
Woke up and took preventative pain killers in case a hangover appears. Tried to stick to beer last night, but had a red wine and a glass of champagne at the end of the night, think I got away with it!

Was at a colleague's place for a garden party with his and some other colleagues/kids, but was also 6th anniversary with my girlfriend. Got home at 11pm and went straight out to the Amazon locker to pick up a very last minute anniversary present.

I think I've nailed this weekend so far and should now stay on the sofa all day for fear of blowing it :p
Well, did you actually get away with it?

Soldato
Christ I hate shower curtain poles. Accidentally knocked it down this morning, tried several times tonight to put it back up. Little ******* wouldn't stay up. Luckily I kept the old skanky ones that the previous owners had left. Touch wood it seems to be holding for now.

Long for the day I can get this skanky bathroom changed.

Soldato
After what I thought was going to be a simple request to remove an old, now unused, charge card account account from my online business banking I'm now on my 7th transfer and been given the same number to call as I started with.....:rolleyes:

Soldato
Past 2 more of my ACCA exams yesterday, well chuffed as was bricking it about how I did.

Only 8 more to go :p

Good work fella. I'm loving not having any of those left anymore :p Which did you do? Think it was F9 that i hated the most.

My brother in law died last year and it would've been his birthday next weekend. He loved his birthdays and always had a BBQ. So i suggested we have one at ours as i know it'll be tough for the family I've just found out that they've invited about 50 people!

Soldato
Good work fella. I'm loving not having any of those left anymore :p Which did you do? Think it was F9 that i hated the most.

My brother in law died last year and it would've been his birthday next weekend. He loved his birthdays and always had a BBQ. So i suggested we have one at ours as i know it'll be tough for the family I've just found out that they've invited about 50 people!
It was F5 and F9, although they call them PM and FM now (Performance and Financial Management). F9 was the first one I've had to retake, got 47 on my first attempt :rolleyes:. I was worried about PM as it has such a bad passrate but managed in the 70's so was pretty chuffed. Audut is next!

How's it been since qualifying?

Sorry to hear about your brother in law, BBQ will be epic, although quite the challenge with that many people!!

Soldato
To be honest it's not been much different from pre-qualifying just a bit extra cash. I qualified in 2017, although passed my last exam in 2014. Was just lazy about doing the wordy bits. If i'm honest i don't think i particularly apply anything i learnt into my job, and likewise don't think working in finance particularly helped with my exams. Although i was more of a systems accountant back then.

I'm on the FP&A side of things now and other than maybe a little from performance management but most of the stuff is just analyzing numbers in Excel and looking at business opportunities rather than working out specific ratios.

The Business Strategy one was probably one of my favorite exams (might've been p3?). I enjoyed Audit but it was probably my worst exam result.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Let's hope that we aren't too similar academically then :D

Interesting to hear your experience, thanks :)

Congratulations on your recent passes and good luck with the rest of them, I passed my last exam in 2018 and it's a great feeling not having to go back to the books! I've just been accepted as a member as well and start a new job on Monday. It definitely opens up doors being qualified, even if it doesn't make much difference to what you can actually do. End of the day, it's just a tick in a box.

I didn't find Audit too difficult, a lot of it I found to be common sense really. I will say this though, there is definitely a step up at the Professional level exams and ensuring you have good time management is key! How do you study for them? I started out with BPP but since finding Acowtancy I found life much easier.

Soldato
I didn't find Audit too difficult, a lot of it I found to be common sense really

Same here, much like the Ethics module. I think i just didn't structure my written answers very well.

My best story was when i was doing Ethics and Business Analysis. The foundation exams always went Monday F1, Tuesday F2 etc. I had exams Monday and Wednesday so assumed it'd be P1 Monday and P3 Wednesday. I'd spent the weekend revising Ethics and making sure i knew the right phrases to drop in. Turned up on the Monday only to find it was the other way round. I didn't have a calculator or anything! Luckily i managed to borrow one.

Soldato
My best story was when i was doing Ethics and Business Analysis. The foundation exams always went Monday F1, Tuesday F2 etc. I had exams Monday and Wednesday so assumed it'd be P1 Monday and P3 Wednesday. I'd spent the weekend revising Ethics and making sure i knew the right phrases to drop in. Turned up on the Monday only to find it was the other way round. I didn't have a calculator or anything! Luckily i managed to borrow one.
Oops!
Congratulations on your recent passes and good luck with the rest of them, I passed my last exam in 2018 and it's a great feeling not having to go back to the books! I've just been accepted as a member as well and start a new job on Monday. It definitely opens up doors being qualified, even if it doesn't make much difference to what you can actually do. End of the day, it's just a tick in a box.

I didn't find Audit too difficult, a lot of it I found to be common sense really. I will say this though, there is definitely a step up at the Professional level exams and ensuring you have good time management is key! How do you study for them? I started out with BPP but since finding Acowtancy I found life much easier.
Thanks! I absolutely know what you mean about it ticking a box, I'm not expecting miracles but career progression is the aim.

I'm doing everything through Kaplan, my employer is paying for the works (Tuition, Revision, QBDs) which whilst expensive works well for my work ethic, I think!

I've played around a bit with Acowtancy but didn't feel it too necessary due to Kaplan providing those resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom