• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Permabanned
No Super Duper for me. Nothing super about them just getting closer to how it should've been from the start, and still not there. Currently on a second-hand 1070 at 1200p 60Hz, and I'd rather drastically lower settings on my upcoming 1440p 144Hz monitor for several months than buy a Super Duper. An Ampere or Navi 20 will be my next.

Associate
Man of Honour
That confirmation is nice to have, at least you can safely buy a (insanely priced) 2080ti without worry that it'll be immediately replaced by a super

Never go too much on anything NVidia say as it can change at a drop of a hat.

Having said that if a Super version of the 2080 Ti ever came to the market it would be quite expensive for very little extra performance.

Soldato
Never go too much on anything NVidia say as it can change at a drop of a hat.

Having said that if a Super version of the 2080 Ti ever came to the market it would be quite expensive for very little extra performance.

Don't know why you'd buy one now anyway. Nvidia has already said it's bringing out 7nm gpu's in 2020 and we're just over 5 months away from 2020.

Going by Nvidia's launch cycles - it's next cards should arrive Q2 2020, so we're potentially under 12 months from Nvidia's next gen 7nm parts

Associate
I'm currently torn between an MSI Gaming X Trio and an Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme, so that's good to know.
The triple power cable requirement for the MSI Trio is pretty inconvenient for me which is why I'm planning to get the EVGA FTW Ultra. I'd like to wait for it to go down in price a bit like the other models but I'm not sure whether it will lol

Could also wait for the next gen of cards in 2020 but unless Nvidia have explicitly confirmed their release I'm sceptical given how long the 10xx series lasted

Soldato
The triple power cable requirement for the MSI Trio is pretty inconvenient for me which is why I'm planning to get the EVGA FTW Ultra. I'd like to wait for it to go down in price a bit like the other models but I'm not sure whether it will lol

Could also wait for the next gen of cards in 2020 but unless Nvidia have explicitly confirmed their release I'm sceptical given how long the 10xx series lasted

The prices and specs are very similar.

MSI Gaming X Trio

+ marginally cheaper
+ Runs cooler
- long card
- 3 power connectors
- only one hdmi

AORUS Xtreme
+ 4 Year warranty
+ looks better
+ extra display outputs
- runs hotter
- slightly more expensive.

Associate
Don't know why you'd buy one now anyway. Nvidia has already said it's bringing out 7nm gpu's in 2020 and we're just over 5 months away from 2020.

Going by Nvidia's launch cycles - it's next cards should arrive Q2 2020, so we're potentially under 12 months from Nvidia's next gen 7nm parts

So approximately 17 and a half months before the end of 2020 ... and then a whole raft of new, high prices.

Let's face it, there's always something new coming next year, and if you always think that way you'll never actually get anything.

Associate
So approximately 17 and a half months before the end of 2020 ... and then a whole raft of new, high prices.

Let's face it, there's always something new coming next year, and if you always think that way you'll never actually get anything.
Imagine if you had been waiting for Intel to release their next gen CPU, how long it's been. You'll be waiting forever if you want what's coming next

Found an old post talking about nvidia launching their 7nm GPU in 2019 which kind of shows how there's always rumours of a release soon... There's been no real confirmation from Nvidia that they'll release in 2020 just second hand rumours

Think I might just get an EVGA 2070 Super for nearly 1/3 the price of a Ti and go for the flagship next gen instead whenever it comes out. Overclockers and Amazon don't have the FTW3 though and I'm not too comfortable buying from Scan and ******

Last edited:
Soldato
The prices and specs are very similar.

MSI Gaming X Trio

+ marginally cheaper
+ Runs cooler
- long card
- 3 power connectors
- only one hdmi

AORUS Xtreme
+ 4 Year warranty
+ looks better