Herman Miller Aeron - Questions

Associate
Wow. What an insane bargain! Don't suppose you want to get ride of the other one do you? Or PM me the seller? haha

He had 4 but already sold 2 otherwise I would have grabbed them, seems like a one off. You can find some bargains on eBay for new ones for good prices because there is so many on there for sale.

Sorry, I gave the other one to the boss (Girlfriend).

Associate
I just purchased a Steelcase Please V2 for £125 ish off Ebay, today it arrived but is actually an older Herman Miller Aeron. I am not sure what to think, it is good value but not the chair I ordered. I am not entirely sure I like the feel of it and I do worry the front lip digging in to my legs.

Man of Honour
£125 for a Herman Miller Aeron is an incredible price (obviously depending on the condition). I guess you need to decide whether to (1) tell the company, (2) Use it if it's comfortable, (3) Sell it for a profit with the risk that the company will want it back.

Soldato
double check if its not a "refurb" some sellers replace the worn parts with parts that are not from herman miller. i have seen a few with plastic wheel bases that snap in next to no time

Associate
I've found as well with the Aeron that I slouch in it a lot, I use it daily in the office.
I've never felt fatigued whilst in the chair mind you, but I don't know if I'd have it in the house, prefer higher backed chairs.

Man of Honour
I've found as well with the Aeron that I slouch in it a lot, I use it daily in the office.
I've never felt fatigued whilst in the chair mind you, but I don't know if I'd have it in the house, prefer higher backed chairs.
I do that on my Aeron at work. I keep sliding down it until I'm laying at a 45 degree angle :)

Soldato
Just taken delivery of a new Mirra 2. Took about 4 weeks to arrive but wow, easily the best chair I've owned. I've got osteoarthritis and 2 herniated discs which cause problems from time to time. This chair puts me in the correct posture and supports my lower back properly. It isn't a chair to lounge in, despite the excellent recline feature so if you're looking for a heavily cushioned seat look elsewhere. For me it's hugely comfortable (once I adjusted it properly) and I've sat in it for 8 hours without any sign of back ache - a first for me.

Gti

Gti

Associate
How are the Mirra 2's and Aerons on the arse cheeks/back of thighs?
I have moven entirely over to couch gaming as every chair hurts after a couple of hours. I end up putting a thick cushion on the seat to help but I will still get pain after a few hours. I'm 6ft and on the lighter side and don't have much padding on my arse to cushion myself.
I sat on a Aeron in John Lewis and was impressed but that was only 10 minutes. Any recommendations?

Soldato
it depends on your body wieght tbh. even on the aeron i used to get numb legs after a couple of hours gaming but it was the most comfy chair i have sat. since i have lost a ton of flab all my issues have gone

Associate
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Definitely going to try one out. I live near London, so might even be able to go to the showroom.

I'm short (5 foot 4) so I'll need to keep an eye on that front lip issue.

I am short. I do not have the front lip issue with neither the original Aeron or the remastered.

Soldato
OP
I totally forgot about this thread - I'm going to get slammed for the thread necro (although it IS my own thread).

I ended up buying a SteelCase Leap v2 from 2ndhnd (mods, if I need to remove the name, I can). I do like the Aeron - but the price over the Leap was a bit much at the time. The Leap has been great - and for around a year it was my office chair when I moved and didn't have a proper desk in my new flat. It's now back in my flat and doing a good job for my back.

Soldato
I got one from 2ndhnd 3 months ago.

I don't find it very comfortable but it doesn't give me any backache. So I think people that sit in it and don't find it comfortable are missing out.

Yeah I slouch in it if i'm not careful and the front does dig in to the legs if they are not planted on the floor at 90 degrees.

So I think its a chair that promotes a good posture rather than one promoting comfort which really is what it is about.

I would buy another if this failed I have done 10 hour sessions with no effects.

When you think about how long you are sat gaming over a year for me about 2000 hrs it really makes sense not to skimp.

Associate
They are generally great, but if you're big (>6ft) then you might find, like me, that the lip at the front of the chair can dig into your thighs after around 2 hours of usage. Not awful, but annoying. It's just the angle of the front lip that needs improvement, everything else is great.

The Steelcase Please v2 allows you to extend or retract the seat cushion to counter this fyi

Permabanned
I've just bought a Herman Miller Mirra 2 chair with a butterfly back. Take 20 mins or so to tweak everything to suit you, but once done, a superb chair. Great back support too. I can lean back with support & as I lean forward to concentrate on something, the chair moves forward with me & still supports my back. Great chair!

Back
Top Bottom