Mass Idiot Cull In September

Man of Honour
This is the US. Loonies there have access to worryingly large amounts of kit.

What would the military do if a few thousand ex military vehicles turned up (including a few working tanks) all armed to the teeth? Would be interesting to see what they would do there - presumably deploy planes from nearby bases...

Not that they would find anything. Everyone knows the real secret base is at Mount St Helens. The big explosion in the 80s was just a cover to get rid of all the excavated material for their underground lair, repeat with lava curtains!

AFAIK nothing in private hands would last 2 seconds against US close air support if it came to live fire on what would be open terrain - handful of A-10s and/or attack helis like the Apache and it would be all over.

With the terrain around that area it would be like Iraq all over again https://youtu.be/hhmXleZXAr0?t=110

Soldato
I know this is a big internet meme joke. But I was abit surprised at the serious statement the US government put out about it.

"[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," a spokeswoman told The Washington Post. "The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/area-51-military-warning-trnd/index.html

I understand the need to protect assets. But I find the statement bizarre and sinister. I'm reminded of the Lincoln gettysburg quote of;

that these dead shall not have died in vain — that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth

So if the government is the people, then under whos authority would the US Air Force be acting on if they opened fire on the people wanting to see what is in Area 51?

Why should the US have black budgets, effectively hiding from the American people, what they are spending their money on?

Soldato
The entire concept of Area 51 is sheer genius. Seal off a big part of the desert and have it guarded like Fort Knox. Allow just enough rumours of Very Secret Things to circulate to keep every crackpot and foreign agent focused on the place.

Meanwhile, all the really Very Secret Things are hidden in plain sight or tucked safely away elsewhere. There might not be any Very Secret Things at all, but making people believe that there may be a bunch of next level, possible reverse engineered ET tech in the hands of the shootingist and bombingist military on the planet may just give Country X pause for thought instead of attacking US interests.

Like I said, sheer genius.

Soldato
Naa, intelligence organisations have zero interest in area 51. Which is how you know its all rubbish.

There will be secret things there, just as there are on most millitary bases. But not the things these nutters expect.

Soldato
Soldato
I think there should be like a lotto now where 10 lucky winners who signed up should get to have a guided tour of the facility and a sit in one of the saucers.

Soldato
They’re just gonna end up being carpet bombed by a B-2 :p

But seriously, this isn’t going to happen. It’d be absolute madness to even think they’ll actually get anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom