Late 2012 Macbook Pro Retina 13" Battery.

Associate
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a late 2012 MBP retina and recently got the battery replaced as it was displaying the service battery icon. I had it replaced by a local repair company who I cannot fault for the service and new what they were doing. The parts were all genuine and for the correct serial number MBP and so on.

The first battery that was fitted lasted approximately 5 cycles until it displayed the service battery icon again. I did notice a few strange things with the new battery in that it would lose charge very quickly and also the charge would drop to say for example 11% then go back up to 20% whilst in use. Now when the battery was first replaced I was using my old original charger which the wire was frayed at the end where it plugs into the charging port. The repair came with a one year warranty so I had a new battery fitted free of charge and also bought a new charger in case the old charger was damaging the battery. There is also the case that this might have just been a faulty battery.

Since having the new battery fitted it seems to last longer but I am still experiencing random changes in charge for example in the space of ten minutes the charge can just swap between 9 and 10%, and other random changes of charge %.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any recommendations?

Many thanks.

Soldato
Agreed with Alpherah and Feek, doesn't sound like it was an official one. The battery on these models are part of the top casing (including keyboard) and that should have been replaced also.

Associate
I got a new battery from Duracell for my Macbook Air, fitted myself even came with the screwdrivers needed. Been perfect as good as the original. Saved myself £50 over the Apple price.

Soldato

This.

This is the important part.

I’ve put highly recommended 3rd party batteries purchased from a well known online retailer into a number of MacBooks (Pro and Air) and following the calibration sequence afterwards is VITAL to good battery performance.

Fitting a new battery and not calibrating the MacBook afterwards can give worse performance than the old battery.

Back
Top Bottom