• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just installed IOS13, not sure it's a 'massive overhaul' :D
There's several features I really like though,

Finally being able to choose which Wifi/Bluetooth connection you want from the control menu
The new Volume slider on side of the screen rather than in the middle
CarPlay has been completely revamped for the better
Swipe Keyboard Works well
FaceID noticeably quicker
a few other UI changes

Not a massive overhaul but a good step in right direction

Soldato
It's weird, I have the X and skipped the XS. Thought I'd be ready for an upgrade by now, but I can't think of anything they could do that would want me to make the jump in September.

I'd consider switching to the XR for the bigger screen (the max is too big for my hands), but I'm not wiling to give up force touch for cursor movement and text selection.

Man of Honour
@UberTiger I’d try an XR out in a shop as I don’t think there is any loss whatsoever with the force touch being gone.

For example, just copied and pasted this on my XR instantly with no problems whatsoever:

“I'd consider switching to the XR for the bigger screen (the max is too big for my hands), but I'm not wiling to give up force touch for cursor movement and text selection.”

Soldato
I didn't immediately upgrade from my 8+ but eventually got to an XS Max. Since then I've also upgraded to an iPad Pro, and the USB C port for me is an absolute essential for the next iPhone. There are so many more possibilities from it.

Soldato
@UberTiger I’d try an XR out in a shop as I don’t think there is any loss whatsoever with the force touch being gone.

For example, just copied and pasted this on my XR instantly with no problems whatsoever:

“I'd consider switching to the XR for the bigger screen (the max is too big for my hands), but I'm not wiling to give up force touch for cursor movement and text selection.”

Okay, will do :)

Associate
It's weird, I have the X and skipped the XS. Thought I'd be ready for an upgrade by now, but I can't think of anything they could do that would want me to make the jump in September.

I'd consider switching to the XR for the bigger screen (the max is too big for my hands), but I'm not wiling to give up force touch for cursor movement and text selection.

Screen may be physically larger but the resolution is not as high, so you’re not really benefiting from the extra size. Personally I found the XR too large compared to my 6S.

Amazon have the XS for £779 which is quite tempting, I know new models are out in September but I wouldn’t want to part with £999 :)

Back
Top Bottom