• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600X ALL Core Overclock 4425Mhz DDR4 CL16 4200Mhz

Associate
Memory clock-2100 =4200Mhz
Fabric clock- 1800 =3800Mhz
All core clock - =4425Mhz

Did all core overclock 25Mhz more than whats printed on the box,I like writing that.

EDIT:As per request by MrPils,CPU 1.325v ,enjoy

At the 4.00Minute mark in video I answer some question in the video lol for fun.

So I been testing for a couple days.I only play games ,so the overclock will not be prime stable and I do not even care.

Anyway I will be using boost clock which boost up to 4525Mhz and that is perfect for me.

I just did overclock thru Ryzen master and you can see all DDR4 timings.
HWinfo64 for all voltages and fan speeds.

So I fired up Kingdom Come Deliverance a game known for the great hardware killer and made a quick video.

Last edited:
Soldato
No offence but I'm sure most people could get a great overclock if they didn't care about stability. I mean it's kinda cool but I'd never trust it on a daily use system.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Cheap processors, take more risk, 1.4v probably be ok for a couple of years before deg if you stay off the torture tests

Associate
Regardless of peoples opinions on stability this is one of the highest all core OCs i've seen - this dude's chip is good silicon. Where it gets interesting is comparing it to my "bad" 3600(not x), I can get 4175mhz all core @ 1.425v custom watercooled. I imagine with another 0.025v you'd be able to reach whatever stability target people set provided it was cooled, so it looks like the OC spread is very roughly 250mhz best silicon to worst silicon. There will be outliers, I certainly wont have "the worst ever", but a 250mhz range doesn't leave much wiggle room. With so little room to work with its no wonder PBO can do 90% of what a manual overclock can achieve.

Just as a further point of comparison, and if you don't mind spending the time to do it, where can you get to all core with 1.325v fixed? This seems to be what people are recommending for super safe all core daily volts. Mine does 4050mhz @ 1.325v, 25mhz more and it bluescreens during realbench. Full load temps reach a mighty 47c running AVX, I'm definitely not temperature limited lol.

Associate
1.4v ok (sort of) if your digi vrm set quite low, otherwise it will boost much higher and for longer periods ( bet that is how hardware unboxed burned his 3900x ).

Associate
Yeah the reason for that is because he hasn't stability tested it. It'd likely fall over if tested.

If its stable enough to be in windows and running a game without crashing then its at least close to stable (whether that would require dropping a few mhz or increasing volts). Don't get me wrong, that's not what i'd call a finished overclock, but that still leaves the fact that its the fastest all core oc I've seen shown. I cant even launch a game at 4.2 / 1.4v - instant BSOD. He definitely has a good piece of silicon imo, as the weeks go by we'll see more results to know just how good.

Associate
What, by illustrating that pushing volts up and possibly being lucky with a chip it leads to not 100% stable speeds? There's ocing, then there's 1.5v through ddr4, which long term I don't think anyone should advise.

True. Max recommended by AMD is 1.325v. But it is only 250 quids. lol. As for the RAM, 1.5 is safe but lower is better. I set 1.43v for 3533 CL14. Anyways, presets in this guide includes one with 1.5v.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide/9.html

Soldato
Associate
OP
1.4v is also too high for these new zen cpus.

This is false,too low voltage is no good

Fk using 1.4v on the daily.

You need higher voltage on Ryzen 3K ,just go over to overclock.net and see what stilt has to say about low voltage

Regardless of peoples opinions on stability this is one of the highest all core OCs i've seen - this dude's chip is good silicon. Where it gets interesting is comparing it to my "bad" 3600(not x), I can get 4175mhz all core @ 1.425v custom watercooled. I imagine with another 0.025v you'd be able to reach whatever stability target people set provided it was cooled, so it looks like the OC spread is very roughly 250mhz best silicon to worst silicon. There will be outliers, I certainly wont have "the worst ever", but a 250mhz range doesn't leave much wiggle room. With so little room to work with its no wonder PBO can do 90% of what a manual overclock can achieve.

Just as a further point of comparison, and if you don't mind spending the time to do it, where can you get to all core with 1.325v fixed? This seems to be what people are recommending for super safe all core daily volts. Mine does 4050mhz @ 1.325v, 25mhz more and it bluescreens during realbench. Full load temps reach a mighty 47c running AVX, I'm definitely not temperature limited lol.

Now you get it,so I done up video as you will see when i upload at 1.32v on cpu .I rather run higher voltage

You might get better performance if you drop RAM speed to 3800MHz and go for 1900MHz infinity fabric, keeping them in sync.

what you ask is impossible.Fabric can not go higher than memory but i have run fabric up to 1900 testing fine and also 1.5v on b-die ram is fine,i a not sure where people come up with these things ,any back to game.

DOHH I just noticed I forgot the last two cores ,it is ok though and game has 60FPS cap sorry .Well this could go on all day ,I am done for now back to testing this CPU.Thanks for the replies

At the 4.00Minute mark in video I answer some question in the video lol for fun.

Soldato
This is false,too low voltage is no good

You need higher voltage on Ryzen 3K ,just go over to overclock.net and see what stilt has to say about low voltage

Some context to go with this:

TheStilt said:
Its not wise to undervolt Matisse, unless you enable the OC-Mode (fixed frequency).
That's because the CPU is constantly monitoring its supply voltage. When it sees the supply voltage below the desired level, it starts increasing the VID request from the VRM controller. When the VID request increases above the maximum voltage allowed by FIT, the clock stretchers will kick in. Your performance will decrease, despite the change is not visible in the frequencies diplayed by the usual monitoring software.
For example on the 3900X sample I have, the default VID request during CB20 NT is 1.3125V. With the offset set to -25mV the VID request raises to 1.33125V or so. At -75mV the VID request is already 1.36875V and increasing the negative offset any further will trip the stretchers.
There is an undervolting margin available, but it is tiny. The exact behavior will depend on the silicon specimen and the workload.
Its also the very reason why this guy thinks he is running at > 4.2GHz with just 1.00V...

TheStilt said:
Matisse can easily reach intensity of > 1.5W/mm² (120W+ @ 74mm²). The second issue is, that beyond ~3.8GHz the V/F curve becomes extremely steep. According to FIT, the safe voltage levels for the silicon are around 1.325V in high-current loads and up to 1.47V in low-current loads (i.e ST)

Really, you don’t have much play at all at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom