• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3 pricing from OCUK

Associate
I just got an email from AMD to buy the 3900x direct from their shop & its £76 cheaper than OC! £400 plus shipping..

That seems to good to be true or am I missing something?

Caporegime
Bingo :)
It’s a little confusing as it says total including VAT but as soon as you put in Great Britain, it’s shoots up £80:)..
Just for a sec I thought they pulled a fast one and tried to cut out the distributors..TBH I’d rather buy from OC..

That popped up on HUKD and I was rushing to buy on launch day, sadly not meant to be.

Soldato
I can't get my head round how Some mobos are more in £'s than $'s.
It was bad enough when they were the same but this is just ridiculous now.

Example.

X570 Taichi (already "discounted" by OCUK...)

GLOBAL - $299MSRP. Add "typical" State sales tax of around 6%. A final price to the consumer of $317 (many will pay less). $317 = £248
UK - $299MSRP. Convert to £'s = £234. Add VAT = £280 - already rip off UK with 20% tax. Alas...

Where is this extra £59 going to get to £339?? Just straight up gouging!

Last edited:
Associate

Example.

GLOBAL - $299MSRP. Add "typical" State sales tax of around 6%. A final price to the consumer of $317 (many will pay less). $317 = £248
UK - $299MSRP. Convert to £'s = £234. Add VAT = £280 - already rip off UK with 20% tax. Alas...

Thing is though it isn't across the board, quite a few of them directly translate.

Associate

Example.

UK consumers almost always pay a lot more than the actual conversion rate, with many companies pulling the old one dollar equals one pound nonsense and then trying to blame VAT. It's been this way for years, VAT has only made a bad situation worse! :mad:

Associate
Posted Friday 12th:
Unfortunately I’m now out the country for over a week on holidays so have no access the last tracking was 3800X should have being earlier this week and 3900X today so it’s safe to assume all the deliveries are late pretty much globally for everyone it seems.

All I know was:

44x 3600X due Monday
500x 3700X due Monday
180x 3800X overdue expect next week
70x 3900X overdue expect next week
350x 3900X due July 17th

I’m afraid as I’m on holiday any other updates will have to come directly from OcUK HQ via customer service section or giving them a call but as all shipments are in transit and the OcUK warehouse know how important these delivery’s are the moment they arrive they shall be booked in and orders shipped.

Back
Top Bottom