• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9900k / 9700k or something else

Soldato
You keep posting this pic but what are we looking at? What is the testing methodology? Where is the frames over time graph? A single screenshot does not make a benchmark.

Or is this just someone finding a gaming engine glitch / frame spike in a certain position and posting a snap for lols? I know this can be done in certain maps in Battlefield by just staring at the floor. Has also been the case in many of the previous Battlefield games over the years.

Soldato
You keep posting this pic but what are we looking at? What is the testing methodology? Where is the frames over time graph? A single screenshot does not make a benchmark.

Or is this just someone finding a gaming engine glitch / frame spike in a certain position and posting a snap for lols? I know this can be done in certain maps in Battlefield by just staring at the floor. Has also been the case in many of the previous Battlefield games over the years.

Stop replying to the trolls and just ignore them

Soldato
My take is that games have, and mostly still do, favour clock speed and IPC. However, some games are starting to show gains with 8 cores and it is likely that things will continue in that direction, especially, as you also point out, given the spec of next gen consoles. On the other hand HT/SMT shows little benefit it games and in some cases even reduces performance. So a 9700K gives you the best of both, great performance in poorly threaded games now, and plenty of cores for the future which won’t be a bottleneck for next gen GPUs.

That was the logic I used when going for the 9700K. It's sat at a nice 5Ghz and impressed with the FPS.

Also had a bash at streaming various games, and that also worked well. (x264 and new NVENC)

Associate
So the price of a 9900k is pretty much the same as a x3700, once you factor in equivalent motherboards (excluding cooler as I would buy an all in one anyway).

Now which to buy and partner with a 2080ti...

Back
Top Bottom