The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
I think Iceland deserves the R, the A9 wouldn't be useful there, as I am guessing its mostly landscape stuff you are doing.

Definitely, I usually take the D850 + another Body and that's been awesome so the R will definitely be taking a trip (assuming I like using it). The A9 would be for a second body as I also like wildlife, motorsports etc.

At this moment I'm juggling 3 systems, various bodies and would prefer to get down to 2 systems (I'm keeping the Fuji gear as they are just great little cameras).

Soldato
Can't wait. But there is another new camera next week and the week after from Sony (launching one per week) and if there is a A9ii with 36Mp sensor, even better AF tracking, global shutter etc and its less than £4k I will swap and get that instead.

Really where did you read about the release schedule? that would be awesome. I think 36MP on an A9II would be pushing it though.. OMG the next couple of months could be expensive!

Caporegime
Really where did you read about the release schedule? that would be awesome. I think 36MP on an A9II would be pushing it though.. OMG the next couple of months could be expensive!
Sony alpha rumours site. Sony releasing 4 new cameras, one every week. One is aps and one is expected to be an rx. Obviously one is the r4. The other has to be the a9ii in time for the Olympics.

Can't see the a9ii having any less than 36mp. Sony has two new sensors 36mp and the 61. The 61 is in the R. You won't see the 36 in the S and just another 24 in their flagship a9ii for the Olympics.

I'm expecting major stuff from the a9ii like glovsl shutter, 30 shots per second, the best af tracking ever, 36mp, maybe other new things like olympus Pro capture but tgen I expect it will be 5k and out of my price range as well

Last edited:
Soldato
Sony alpha rumours site. Sony releasing 4 new cameras, one every week. One is aps and one is expected to be an rx. Obviously one is the r4. The other has to be the a9ii in time for the Olympics.

Can't see the a9ii having any less than 36mp. Sony has two new sensors 36mp and the 61. The 61 is in the R. You won't see the 36 in the S and just another 24 in their flagship a9ii for the Olympics.

I'm expecting major stuff from the a9ii like glovsl shutter, 30 shots per second, the best af tracking ever, 36mp, maybe other new things like olympus Pro capture but tgen I expect it will be 5k and out of my price range as well

OK well I hope that is right then. Not convinced it will be 36MP though that's a lot of data especially if you're looking at 30 fps.

Caporegime
OK well I hope that is right then. Not convinced it will be 36MP though that's a lot of data especially if you're looking at 30 fps.

I think it may be able to do 20fps, at least in electronic. If they could do 61mp in 10fps then 36mp in 20fps isn't out of the realm of possibility. It would be a 50% bump in res from the current 24mp.

Caporegime
Never sure about buying a camera from a grey import site. I guess you could argue it's like buying second hand - just assume no warranty?

Only warrant in the region that it came from, so if you source it from HK, you need to go to HK to use its warranty. Obviously you might as well at that point use the plane ticket money to pay for repairs.

Caporegime
I'm shocked how much the price varies from UK to HK, for example; I guess you could just fund insurance for it?

You can have camera insurance that pays for repairs, you will have to foot the excess. Obviously, I don't think insurance will pay for wear and tear. Like the SD card slot in my 5D4 didn't "click" and won't hold down the card, I didn't claim for that. It's not accidental damage.

Caporegime
Never sure about buying a camera from a grey import site. I guess you could argue it's like buying second hand - just assume no warranty?

It's from one of the well known grey import sites, not sure I'm allowed to mention as they may sell similar stock to OcUK. Comes with a 12 month warranty though i don't know the details of it.

I'm a little on the fence, bought my Sigma Art 18-35mm f1.8 with no issues though and for a damn good price. Buying a camera body however.....

Soldato
It's from one of the well known grey import sites, not sure I'm allowed to mention as they may sell similar stock to OcUK. Comes with a 12 month warranty though i don't know the details of it.

I'm a little on the fence, bought my Sigma Art 18-35mm f1.8 with no issues though and for a damn good price. Buying a camera body however.....

You're allowed to mention competitors, as long as it's not in relation to a product sold at OcUK :)

I got my X-T20 body from Amazon UK and then the XF 18-55 lens from eglobal; turned up 3 days later and brand new

Caporegime
You're allowed to mention competitors, as long as it's not in relation to a product sold at OcUK :)

I got my X-T20 body from Amazon UK and then the XF 18-55 lens from eglobal; turned up 3 days later and brand new

Assumed both sell the likes of memory cards etc?

Edit - fair enough, thanks Raymond. The £1355 A7iii was from E-Infinity.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom