Amazon Game Studio's

Associate
With the announcement that Amazon Game Studio's are taking on the development of the new Lord of The Rings MMO with Athlon games, I thought it would be good to gauge some reaction from the OCUK community as to how they see this panning out.

Also it would be good to get people's thoughts on A New World (without breaching NDA) - I thought the alpha was very good with the game already feeling polished and different to any other MMO on the market.

Will Amazon do a good job of the new LOTR MMO?

Will it pull in hardcore MMO players or just old LOTRO players?

Will the staff redundancies mean none of these games ever take off?

Last edited:
Associate
The only MMO I really got into recently was the Elder Scrolls online, I think it was the fluid (compared to other MMO's) combat and magic system. I also enjoyed the large scale PvPvP world, played a bit like planetside 2. I think amazon has the money to make a really good MMO, but to me the combat system would deem if it's fun to play. Given articles of cancelled games by amazon and issues with CryEngine / lumberyard I think it'll be a long time before it comes out.

The history of Athlon games seems interesting "Leyou is a global video game holding company focused on free-to-play console and PC gaming. Leyou, which had originally operated as a chicken supplier, now has three holdings, Digital Extremes, Splash Damage (both developers) and Athlon Games (publisher)."

Permabanned
I have not really got into an MMO since WOW, never played one for more than a month or two as inevitably they all pale in comparison to the vanilla WOW experience.

Will keep an eye on this one but I am not hopeful. :)

Soldato
If they can get it anywhere near LoTRO in it's prime, I'll be really pleased. The amount of fun I used to have on the Laurelin server is sorely missed, one of the best online communities I've ever experienced.

Back
Top Bottom