• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Associate
Just ran with PBO on and offset of 0.150 and cinebench the cores held at 4.16GHz most stable I've seen BUT my score was nearly 1000 lower????

What are your vcore readings using cpuz? Only use one app at a time. You might be starving your cpu. Try a diff combination like PBO off + (-)offset, etc.

Im basing my suggestion on previous gens. I have not received my 3600.

Associate
Just ran with PBO on and offset of 0.150 and cinebench the cores held at 4.16GHz most stable I've seen BUT my score was nearly 1000 lower????
- offset decreases performance, starting actually to like that pbo,xfr and don't care about those 1.5v spikes. Boosts to 4.5GHz on few cores, using ryzen balanced.

Associate
- offset decreases performance, starting actually to like that pbo,xfr and don't care about those 1.5v spikes. Boosts to 4.5GHz on few cores, using ryzen balanced.
Will try turning mine back to auto and see if i get higher boosts. This PBO is confusing to get my head round, ultimately it's performance and temperature that matter not frequency and volts.

Edit: Maybe the original gains seen by lowering vCore on PBO are due to the default EDC 140 power limit. With the limits increased higher vCore might achieve higher frequencies on 1-2 cores.

Last edited:
Associate
not started testing lower one yet i think 1.1 is enough for 3733 i need 2 check how performance is it could be stable but could reduce performance like it was on zen 1.
I dont have a lot of experience with Ryzen so there is a lot of settings I'm not familiar with. I had mine at 3600mhz 16 16 16 36 1.35v with stock SOC voltage and matching IF. Changed it to 15 15 15 35 without touching freq or voltages, C20 would run fine but AC Odyssey would crash. Should I increase DRAM voltage or what do you recommend?

Associate
Will try turning mine back to auto and see if i get higher boosts. This PBO is confusing to get my head round, ultimately it's performance and temperature that matter not frequency and volts.

Edit: Maybe the original gains seen by lowering vCore on PBO are due to the default EDC 140 power limit. With the limits increased higher vCore might achieve higher frequencies on 1-2 cores.

Just put it to the test:

Before: -0.1v offset
R20 Multicore: 7,246
R20 Single: 494
Temp: 72 Degrees (from memory)

After: vCore Auto
R20 Multicore: 7,295
R20 Single: 495
Temp: 79 Degrees

Final test: -0.075v offset
R20 Multicore: 7,288
R20 Single: 495
Temp: 74 Degrees

This is with LLC: auto, worth noting that setting to high / turbo can have similar effect to boosting vCore.

The rest is as before #735. Not worth the extra heat for me, was hoping to see some single core boost.

Conclusion:
All core @ 4.3Ghz+ is still best for benchmarks but PBO has been much more stable no matter what settings I try, shame still not seeing 4.6 boost. Very little difference in real word usage so going to stick with PBO (-0.075v) for now. More stable, better temps and AMD's preferred setting. Had enough of bios screens for now, might revisit when new agesa version is out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Conclusion:
All core @ 4.3Ghz+ is still best for benchmarks but PBO has been much more stable no matter what settings I try, shame still not seeing 4.6 boost. Very little difference in real word usage so going to stick with PBO (-0.075v) for now. More stable, better temps and AMD's preferred setting. Had enough of bios screens for now, might revisit when new agesa version is out.

Pretty much how I feel.

Ive set - 0.1v offset and maxed out all PBO settings (even if it does very little) and am sticking with it until BIOS Agesa or other updates surface.

Soldato
Stop undervolting if you're not using a manual OC.

You're giving the CPU less headroom for it's algorithm to work.

Whilst seriously undervolting has this effect its not as cut and dry as this.

I can achieve a - 0.1v offset with my configuration and GAIN performance and lower temps. Its bonkers though as - 0.05v degrades performance. No idea why it likes - 0.1 *shrug*

Associate
Whilst seriously undervolting has this effect its not as cut and dry as this.

I can achieve a - 0.1v offset with my configuration and GAIN performance and lower temps. Its bonkers though as - 0.05v degrades performance. No idea why it likes - 0.1 *shrug*

With PBO are you seeing sustained core boosts over 4.4Ghz or just getting brief flashes for a second or so?

Ree

Ree

Associate
motherboard just arrived patiently waiting on processor.. between 5 and 6 delivery slot.

7b152865193193ae6a9dc8f67839e4a3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom