Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Man of Honour
That might be a better idea too.

Really noob question - how do you change DD payments from one bank to another?! I've never needed to do it as I've had the same current account all my life!
If you're not using the switch service then you contact the company that you're paying and ask them to update the bank details.

Associate
Does anybody know roughly how long it'll take for starling to authenticate my details? I created an account earlier and my card appears to be on the way, and while I haven't tried it seems I can also transfer money into my account. However each time I load the app it shows the message that they're still checking my details.

Caporegime
Does anybody know roughly how long it'll take for starling to authenticate my details? I created an account earlier and my card appears to be on the way, and while I haven't tried it seems I can also transfer money into my account. However each time I load the app it shows the message that they're still checking my details.

24h usually.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Monzo or Starling, then?

I’ve got both apps but never really noticed much of a difference. Monzo app looks nicer and don’t really need foreign withdrawal etc.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Monzo or Starling, then?

I’ve got both apps but never really noticed much of a difference. Monzo app looks nicer and don’t really need foreign withdrawal etc.

I’m with Monzo over Starling for a couple reasons.

- The app is nicer IMO.
- I like that they still have the community forum who are passionate and drive change.
- Monzo Plus, this is new and when fully launched should allow me to switch have a more flexible insurance package through my bank.
- The prospect of a committed spending pot in the future would mean I can totally switch instead of having separate accounts.

Caporegime
Monzo or Starling, then?

Six of one really, Monzo has the goals which gives it an edge but I've been with Starling for a few years now and can't speak highly enough of them. I've got Monzo too and can't fault it tbh, only got it as my wife uses it and we both got a fiver if I used her referral, but the goal pot thing isn't enough to justify me leaving Starling for it.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Is the ‘goals’ thing the same as Starling’s ‘spaces’ ? I’ve three ‘spaces’ one is a rainy day, one savings and one other.

Basically whenever I use my card it rounds the difference up and pops it in one of the pots (which you can see as 1x, 2x, 5x etc).

I have mine set as 5x round up which is interesting when you buy some crisps from the vending machine at £1.05 and £4.75 gets added to one of your spaces.

Soldato
Is the ‘goals’ thing the same as Starling’s ‘spaces’ ? I’ve three ‘spaces’ one is a rainy day, one savings and one other.

Basically whenever I use my card it rounds the difference up and pops it in one of the pots (which you can see as 1x, 2x, 5x etc).

I have mine set as 5x round up which is interesting when you buy some crisps from the vending machine at £1.05 and £4.75 gets added to one of your spaces.
A "goal" is just a pot to put money into to separate it from your other money. You can have a set amount you want to achieve or just keep putting money into it. The "Round Up" feature is applied to a "goal". You don't have to have this enabled.

"Spaces" is just the area in the app that you can find these things.

Monzo calls these "pots" and you can apply "goals" to the "pots", so works pretty much the same way. I don't know about "round-up" in Monzos world.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
A "goal" is just a pot to put money into to separate it from your other money. You can have a set amount you want to achieve or just keep putting money into it. The "Round Up" feature is applied to a "goal". You don't have to have this enabled.

"Spaces" is just the area in the app that you can find these things.

Monzo calls these "pots" and you can apply "goals" to the "pots", so works pretty much the same way. I don't know about "round-up" in Monzos world.

Good point, yes I meant 'goals' within 'spaces' thanks for clarifying.

Soldato
Monzo or Starling, then?

I have both. They are both great but Starling just wins for me due to bigger limits for withdrawal of money abroad

Soldato
Any Revolut users know how you can change the default currencies that initially show in the "exchange" option

I like using it to see exactly how much I need to deposit vs the exchange rate for $'s but for some reason the default currencies are £, Euro and Saudi Arabia, it used to be US but one day it randomly changed and I can't figure how to get it to show $ instead of Saudi money

Associate
Any Revolut users know how you can change the default currencies that initially show in the "exchange" option

I like using it to see exactly how much I need to deposit vs the exchange rate for $'s but for some reason the default currencies are £, Euro and Saudi Arabia, it used to be US but one day it randomly changed and I can't figure how to get it to show $ instead of Saudi money

Can you do that on the account screen - top right hand corner?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom