Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
Am I the only one who thinks the graphics on this are nothing special, I see the odd post that says it looks incredible, and seen mentioned that its has some great HDR, but personally I think it looks average.

I started playing this again recently and I enjoy it though, sometimes it looks very good but other times not so much.

Soldato
After completing this ages ago, I was advised to give Black Flag a go - How have I never played this game?!

It is fantastic, the pirate setting is so much fun! I have heard the sea battles are meant to be amazing, so looking forward to getting stuck in!

:)

Soldato
After completing this ages ago, I was advised to give Black Flag a go - How have I never played this game?!

It is fantastic, the pirate setting is so much fun! I have heard the sea battles are meant to be amazing, so looking forward to getting stuck in!

:)

Black Flag is amazing, has a bit of everything and the sea battles are great fun, I like the tropical setting of this game as well.

Associate
Yes, easily longer than the time allows. But it's on sale anyway. I already own it on PC but I wanted to see how it runs on PS4 as well. 70GB download though.

I have it on PC but, it ran terrible on my older hardware. I've now made the decision to come back to console gaming. I'd love to complete each of the AC games (must be up to black flag) but, that would take a year of now stop assassinations!

Caporegime
I have it on PC but, it ran terrible on my older hardware. I've now made the decision to come back to console gaming. I'd love to complete each of the AC games (must be up to black flag) but, that would take a year of now stop assassinations!

I had that idea of doing them back-to-back. I got to the fourth game (AC Revelations) and decided I'd had my fill. That was three months ago now.

AC Origins and Odyssey run best on Xbox One X but I don't have Xbox.

Caporegime
This is going to be interesting now. Game finally downloaded. Will I notice going from 50-60fps on PC to 30fps on PS4... and how long will it take me to settle in and forget it. Haven't played on PS4 for ages.

Soldato
This is going to be interesting now. Game finally downloaded. Will I notice going from 50-60fps on PC to 30fps on PS4... and how long will it take me to settle in and forget it. Haven't played on PS4 for ages.

Probably. But the game is still epic. I'd love for more story DLC to be released as I'd purchase it without hesitation

Soldato

How you finding it? I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but I was messing with setting on PC, on very high I could get 58-80 fps around (Freesync). However, when I decided to lock on 30FPS and put it on ultra high, well, I couldn't tell the difference in fluidity.. This is unlike the Witcher 3 going from PS4 Pro to PC was night and day but this feels the same either way.

Caporegime
I think my TV is crap as it has noticeable judder at 30fps for PC. The frame rate didn’t bother me on PS4, it was the long loading times and more of them, too. Bring on those SSDs!

Soldato
I'm 50 hrs into this game and its vast. I reckon I could easily get 150hrs out of it. I bought it on offer too so fantastic value for money.

Haven't even uncovered half of the map yet.

The level of detail in the game world is amazing. Im not going to have this finished by the time I get the series X so I'm excited to see if there will be any enhancements.

Caporegime
One game I’d like to see remastered for next gen.

It does seem like they are working through them - AC Ezio Trilogy (II, Brotherhood, Revelations), then III and Rogue. So next up would be Black Flag. But whether they will because of backward compatibility on later titles, remains to be seen. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom