What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Thanks for reminding me. I have Shadow Tactics on my library I must get round to finishing

On a slight tangent. In order to find it on Steam on my phone I searched for the word Shadow... I have 16 games with Shadow in the title!

Associate
I never played the original Splinter Cell back in the day (nor Chaos Theory is it?) and so installed that and with some .ini jiggery pokery all working great. Enjoying it so far but the AI based around when you are stealthy or not is very iffy and the levels are more linear than I was expecting. Loving exploring the CIA level at the moment though. Chaos theory is the one I'm looking forward to.

Associate
Thanks for reminding me. I have Shadow Tactics on my library I must get round to finishing

On a slight tangent. In order to find it on Steam on my phone I searched for the word Shadow... I have 16 games with Shadow in the title!

I also have Shadow Tactics and have hardly touched it, think i did the first mission, i should really start it again

Soldato
I bought Octopath Traveller. I've played probably 2 hours and I'm really enjoying it. I do think it was probably overpriced though tbh.

It seems like a very charming game. I love old school JRPGs so this is right up my street. I'm hoping to see some innovation though.

Soldato
Still plodding on with Divinity OS2. Nearly 80 hours sunk in and I'm only on the 2nd Act of 4. :)

Wow, I thought I was thorough, but think my first play through was about 100 hours. Currently going through a solo lone wolf run on tactician. Still trying to get a handle on some fights and being more meticulous in my planning.

Soldato
Last weekend I blasted through a couple of short games to tick them off the backlog...

Chaos on Deponia - I played the first one an enjoyed it and this one was good too, a few puzzles that were a tad too obscure and unintuitive but not too bad for the most part

The Turing Test - Pretty good, bit of a ripoff of the Portal formula but good voice acting and fun puzzles

And now I've started something a little longer in "The Surge" which seems cool so far. Checking my library at this point I have about 650 games, I've completed about 115 (with 100% achievements in 40 of those) and have about 140 marked as "never play" (i.e. complete trash games I got in bundles or whatever that look so terrible I doubt I'll ever try to play them, there may actually be more to add to this category) so ignoring those I'm probably about 20% through my library (not bad!)

Soldato
American Truck Simulator, not touched it for a while but couldn't resist the West Coast add on. This is a fine game which puts most of the train sims to shame - great combination of strategy and simulation. At the moment I'm still doing one off missions, saving up for my own truck and trailer. However the sense of really being out on the US highways and freeways is great, all it needs is that peculiar and distinct "old socks" smell of the American vehicle exhausts (quite different to the UK) to complete the atmosphere!

Soldato
Do you know how long it took you to finish, roughly? I've been playing it but it's starting to drag a bit now.

I played the whole thing on Sunday, played maybe 2 hours first thing then came back to it later in the afternoon for another couple of hours and it was done, so I guess maybe 4-6 hours? Depends a bit how quickly you solve the puzzles! (some of them were easy but I was stuck for a while on quite a few of the harder ones)... I know what you mean about it dragging though - think they could have cut it shorter by one chapter and it would have been perfect

Soldato
I'm really not sure about Octopath Traveller. I've played a few hours now and whilst I think the combat is good and the stories seem good enough, it isn't wowing me.

I know it is basically a homage to olskool JRPGs, but I think my porblem with the game so far can be summed up with me saying I wouldn't be surprisd if you told me this was a remaster of a 20yo game....It's great to revisit the classics, and I do definitely think there is a market for this game, but you have to modernise it, and I'm not sure they have done enough for me here.

Each town I have visited so far has roughly 4-6 NPCS standing around and when you speak to them they have one line of dialogue each no matter which character you talk to them with. There is also no overlap with any of the stories so far, or any interaction/story reaction between characters which I find very disappointing. I mean, they haven't blown the budget on graphics or voice acting, so tbh I'd expect more

Soldato
Metro Exodus. Can't seem to buy it anywhere atm so have had to take up the £1 first month MS subscription to get it. Seems okay but not blowing me away so far with joy. Looks nice though.

Associate
Project zomboid. Really good game and well worth using the super survivors mod. Utter carnage trying to get into the mall. Almost surrounded by a wave of zombies and barely made it out with half of my team. Good fun.

Soldato
Bit of an unusal few weeks for me. Not playing a lot, but when I do fire up the PC I'm flitting betwen three or four different games.

I almost always have one main game on the go and finish and uninstall it before moving on to something else, but at the moment I'm going through half an hour at a time of the following, in a kind of random cycle:

Watch Dogs (not motivated to play longer as most of the missions seem more annoying than fun, but keep heading back in for one mission at a time and they're fine as half-hour distractions)
Just Cause 3 (similar)
Blackguards (again, same)
Darkest Dungeon (great game, but too stressful to do more than one or two dungeon runs at a time! :) )
Dungeons II (think I'm going to leave this one, just hasn't grabbed me at all)

I've just installed and started Tyranny, so that might suck me in a little bit more.

Back
Top Bottom