• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
@Too Tall
Yeah I had one, it was loud compared to EVGA,MSI,ASUS. It was also very hot, you will need a very good case cooling and venting to prevent heat buildup. I had it mounted vertically and i could not touch the side of my case, it was too hot to touch for even 3 seconds. It would go up to 87C gaming.The evga FTW3 run cool and quite others reporting that 60c-65c while gaming, that is 20c difference.

The heat from it would send one of my nvme drived to 90c+.

How loud it is depends on the individual, i suppose if you have headphones on it might not matter to you.

But it does look very nice but the last ti e i had it the software was buggy.

Soldato
Doesn't mounting vertically generally result in poorer thermals on all cards?

Yes if your case is very close to the graphics card, my case is very big with large clearance, but you are right i have seen temps of 5c more mounting vertically. The card is hot regardless of the mounting orientation.

Soldato
Do you have one?

Is it really that bad?
I had an Aorus Xtreme 2080 Ti for a few days and it was horrific. One of the loudest cards I've ever had (louder than an undervolted reference Vega 64). It also ran really hot, going north of 80 degrees. It's been years since I've had a card like that (again, even the reference Vega 64 ran cooler). The bog standard Gigabyte Gaming OC model supposedly runs a good ten degrees cooler and much quieter. The middle fan on the Xtreme model seems like it basically might as well not be there since they cut so much off the fins, and I can't help but think the outer ones are compromised by having LEDs embedded in them too. A real example of form over function, though frankly I thought the LED lighting was crap as well. It's flickery unless the fans are really working hard (so if you're running Rocket League capped at 30fps with this thing) and the ones on the fan turn on and off all the time, since the card can't maintain zero RPM even on the desktop if you fire up a Youtube video or something, and the lights come on when the fans start spinning. Dreadful card.

Soldato
I had an Aorus Xtreme 2080 Ti for a few days and it was horrific. One of the loudest cards I've ever had (louder than an undervolted reference Vega 64). It also ran really hot, going north of 80 degrees. It's been years since I've had a card like that (again, even the reference Vega 64 ran cooler). The bog standard Gigabyte Gaming OC model supposedly runs a good ten degrees cooler and much quieter. The middle fan on the Xtreme model seems like it basically might as well not be there since they cut so much off the fins, and I can't help but think the outer ones are compromised by having LEDs embedded in them too. A real example of form over function, though frankly I thought the LED lighting was crap as well. It's flickery unless the fans are really working hard (so if you're running Rocket League capped at 30fps with this thing) and the ones on the fan turn on and off all the time, since the card can't maintain zero RPM even on the desktop if you fire up a Youtube video or something, and the lights come on when the fans start spinning. Dreadful card.

MSI Gaming X Trio it is.

Soldato
I'd put 10p on around cyberpunk time, cos it has RTX and they could bundle it with cards too

My money is also on April/May 2020 for the Cyberpunk launch.

Cyberpunk is a massive RTX Ray Tracing title for Nvidia and giving the game away free with your shiny new RTX 3000 card would be a massive up-sell for them!

Soldato
Is now even a good time to be buying a new GPU. When do we guesstimate the 3000 series will appear?

A general guess is when AMD launch their next gen cards.

Any idea?

Depends. Samsung 7nm EUV was ready for volume production on 28/6/2019 at the Hwaesong plant, but need to consider with the Japan having placed SM embargo on South Korea, who knows and at what price.

Soldato
My money is also on April/May 2020 for the Cyberpunk launch.

Cyberpunk is a massive RTX Ray Tracing title for Nvidia and giving the game away free with your shiny new RTX 3000 card would be a massive up-sell for them!
It could also go with 2000 series price cuts,

or no movement whatsoever lol

Really hard to read what nVidia is doing at the moment. Though I haven't spent too long looking lol

Associate
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fgreatspeculations%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F07%2Fnvda1515aa.jpg

Sales down profits up ???

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greats...see-a-slowdown-in-the-near-term/#258e41516a84

Back
Top Bottom