Best instant noodles?

Associate
Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely avoiding Samyang if I see it.
The favourites in our house are anything Soba, which have quite a range of different flavours and they're all acceptable.
Koka are ok also, incredibly cheap (25ppp in B&M) but you really need two packets. They're a favourite with the children and a quick filler, but not what I would call nutritious so need to be very infrequent, event though they would live on them!

Soldato
These are on offer in Tesco (60p each iirc), my missus buys them as she can eat them on Slimming World without giving up too many syns.

Soldato
Koka are probably my all-round favourite, bought some of these in Morrison's the other day though:

qtRRRCBl.jpg

The hot & spicy variety came with FIVE sachets, which is the most I've ever seen. They weren't quite as impressive as I was expecting them to be with five, but still very tasty. I haven't tried the regular yet, but I did have "Rendang Spicy Beef" a couple of weeks ago which were also good.

Associate
@TheVoice

I brought some of those back from my travels in Bali late last year and I ran out not so long ago, it's good to see that they're being stocked in the UK! What are Morrison's charging for them? I'm wondering if it's worth having some sent to me...

Soldato
Had some nissin Soba cups over the weekend. Classic and Yakitori chicken. They tasted great ! :D they come with a very thick sachet of soy sauce or something ? But it really does taste very good. Not very healthy mind..

Soldato
Nong Shim chicken and beef still my go to pot noodles, though I now add half a teaspoon of curry powder to them as well to give a bit extra.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I like the Nissin Soba pots...the flavouring is a liquid you add rather than a dusty powder that clogs at the bottom

much better way of doing it

Associate
New flavour alert!

In my local Asda they've added a couple of new noodle pots. One is a new Nong Shim variety called "Soon Veggie Cup", as the name suggests it has no meat and is not at all spicy, was quite nice, actual noodles were of the good Nong Shim quality as expected. The other new brand is Samyang, covered in Korean writing with the only english words "hot chicken flavour cup ramen", and the word "mania" next to some korean words. This was absolutely vicious. A grade hotter than even the Nong Shim Hot & Spicy pot. The broth could be used to dye anything permanently orange if required, and was quite a challenge to drink. In fact the instructions say it is one of those you are supposed to drain all water before adding the sauce, but I like a broth so ignored that, will probably make it as directed next time and avoid the risk of throat rupture.

You mean one of these bad boys??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samyang-Chicken-Flavour-2xSpicy-Limited/dp/B07119KZZJ

It's been turned into a social challenge on youtube, i've tried it myself and if you love your spice i'd probably recommend it as it isn't that bad...however after first slurp it BURNS and the taste just disappears and you'll be asking for glass of milk ASAP.
Avoid if you want to enjoy instant noodle, eat if you fancy a "small" challenge with friends or if you're crazy and can handle your spice then by all means try it.

Soldato
Actually it is probably the one in the black packaging next to the you highlight, shown in the "frequently bought together" bit at the bottom of that page, though it comes in pot form in my Asda rather than a packet. The one called "Samyang Dried Noodle Buldak Bag Noodles". Even the name is scary. Sounds like the same level of heat across the range.

Typically hilarious Amazon comments on the page..

Satisfied Customer says:
"If you are reading this it may be already too late for me. I am one of the people who are fine with spicy things. One time I dipped a fry in a small container of ketchup. Not a big deal until my friend shouted “its hot souse!”, following with “are you ok”. To his surprise I continued to use the hot souse like its nothing. I though to myself at that point I’m a bad mo-fo. Well… yesterday this bad boy arrived in post. I waited until today to have some ‘quick soup’. The first warning sign was that the main sachet with the sauce contained a demon blood. Very dark red and thick in consistency. Then, to make the meal more human, the other sachet contained some standard greenich sprinkles. I boiled the water and added to the dish, or as I prefer to call it now the 2nd step of summoning the Satan. The next warning sign was the vapor. I had a sniff and immediately I lost ability to smell things. Despite this, with all the idiocy that remained within me I continued to prepare the noodles. I covered it with another plate, as I always do, and wondered what impure force prevented the bowl from melting. Some time later I touched the bowl again and confirmed that the temperature dropped and the dish is now ready. I inserted the spoon to mix it all again but strangely the end of it melted. I quickly found that each spoon melts within 10 to 15 seconds when inserted into the noodles. Also the noodles themselves… god forbids you, DO NOT spill it. I’m saying this, as beside the inhuman burning I have felt inside my mouth, a tiny bit dripped down the half meted spoon on my face. At this point not only the spoon, my intestines and teeth were melting, the bottom lip started as well. Now as deformed as I am, I need to worn you all. If you see a being on a street, as horrible as you can imagine, know that it is me. As most of my being melted away in what definitely eaten away my soul and body, I realised that bits of the melted flesh are horrifyingly similar in colour and consistency to the sauce I added to the dish initially. I wish I could tell you more but my fingers are slowly melting aw"

Soldato
I had a 5 pack of the 2X hotter one, they're just ridiculous. First couple packs I had all the sachet but then I had numb lips the rest of the afternoon and dodgy guts in the evening.

Fav so far are probably the shin raymun ones.

Back
Top Bottom