Mountain Biking

Soldato
Hey, got myself a Merida eone 20 - 800 and have always rode a hard tail before this. I noticed on the rear shock that arm that there seems a like a very fine layer of lube/oil. Is this normal for rear shocks? Doesn't seem to be leaking onto the bike or anything, bit it kind of feels oily if you were to run your finger over it.

Only done like 6 rides as I got it last week.

Soldato
At work at the moment so cant post a pix. But yeah I mean the stanchion it self. It just feels like there is a fine layer of oil on it or should it be dry ?

Soldato
Upgrading my 15 year old cheapo hardtail for something a bit newer - thinking of this - https://www.wiggle.co.uk/vitus-sentier-29-mountain-bike-deore-1x10-2019/ any particular concerns? I'd rather the VR version but seems to be OOS always :(

I think you can do better than Deore and 1x10 with that budget. Found my Deore groupset crap, and mine was full Shimano and not suntour parts like that bike.

This looks pretty decent https://www.evanscycles.com/kona-cinder-cone-2019-mountain-bike-EV354571

I really rate the SRAM NX.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
RIP? What?

Yeah its gutting for everyone involved, i know a few from down my way (South Wales) due to head up. Unsure what they're going to do with all the tickets, refunds I would expect. Didn't have one myself for this year but plan on going next year!

Soldato
Theres a gofundme setup with the chance to win a megatower donated by Santa Cruz with all donations going towards the local communities. My mate was booked to race, he's been proper hammering the road and MTB to get his fitness up, stopped drinking for July (with all the lovely sunny days!) so he's a bit gutted now...

Back
Top Bottom