*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Resi 4 - what a game hurgghhnnn!!! Definitely in my top 5. Played it through again recently and it’s still great, the controls now feel awful though as they have been refined many times since... once you get over that.... magic!

I've only ever played the Wii version with motion controls. For £13 I thought it would be nice to replay it on a portable.

Man of Honour
I've only ever played the Wii version with motion controls. For £13 I thought it would be nice to replay it on a portable.
It’s the ‘look left and look right’ whilst not aiming (I.e. walking around) that’s a bit awkward, especially after playing the RE:2 remake, as you can’t circle the camera around your character. It’s a lot more ‘tank like’ than modern games.

I think it must have one the best difficulty scalings of any game I’ve played. I consider myself a RE4 pro and still found myself pretty darn low on ammo on my last play through - I’m sure it must react to you. On the section where you are in a lift and enemies are jumping on it, I had to do it with taking out multiple enemies with each shot. No ammo was dropping. Took a few attempts!

Associate
Well..I guess you fully embraced the Nintendo market appeal by taking it to the Beach,did you play it while you was out on the Beach?
Hope you have warranty anyway if rice bag doesn't work, the switch itself probably has better chance of surviving than the joycons.

Man of Honour
It’s the ‘look left and look right’ whilst not aiming (I.e. walking around) that’s a bit awkward, especially after playing the RE:2 remake, as you can’t circle the camera around your character. It’s a lot more ‘tank like’ than modern games.

I think it must have one the best difficulty scalings of any game I’ve played. I consider myself a RE4 pro and still found myself pretty darn low on ammo on my last play through - I’m sure it must react to you. On the section where you are in a lift and enemies are jumping on it, I had to do it with taking out multiple enemies with each shot. No ammo was dropping. Took a few attempts!

It does have dynamic difficulty scaling, which all games should have.

Associate
Well..I guess you fully embraced the Nintendo market appeal by taking it to the Beach,did you play it while you was out on the Beach?
Hope you have warranty anyway if rice bag doesn't work, the switch itself probably has better chance of surviving than the joycons.
Yes I did! Well, I'll look whether travel insurance will cover it otherwise I've got contents insurance with accidental cover for items out of home... I'll give it another day in the rice and then look at my options... Really gutted..

Man of Honour
OK so I’ve played Owlboy a little bit more and, yeh, really not convinced. Tbh I find it utter garbage compared to Hollow Knight / Celeste. Annoying controls, boring characters, slow story, saying it has a “world” is extraordinarily generous (it’s just scrolling ‘up’ through some sparse environments), not challenging in any way at all, ‘dungeons’ and the mechanics in them are very simple. Zzzzzzzzzzzz. And how many times can Geddy wave his arms around. **** off!

@Plainsong - I’ve got to the ‘cave with bugs in it’. Does it get any better.....?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom