Show Us Your Motors!

Don
One of my favourite quotes about TVRs was from Mr Clarkson. He said "Usually, the first time TVR knew they had a handling issue with one of their cars was when owners would write in to complain about how dead they were".

Last edited:
Man of Honour
c3f4fc58cb97589b4ea3e8a1470f1283.jpg

The FD2 came out of the garage again today to go for a service up at Performance Autoworks. Nothing major, just engine oil and gearbox oil plus a look at the pads as they were picked up on the recent MoT for 'wearing thin'.

Against forum experts' advice, I’ve followed that of two different Honda garages that race these engines and look after loads of track cars and stuck with 10w60 Oil.

Gearbox wise I’ve gone with Torco MTF with friction modifier instead of Honda MTF and so far it’s made the diff a lot smoother and less noisy. Time will tell if it stays that way.

The front Pagid RS29’s are only 50-60% worn so I’ve not replaced those. I also bought new OEM pads and they had about half a track day left so I’ve replaced with OEM again. The rear pads and discs aren’t showing any sign of excess heat and braking performance is fine so I’ll stick with them, they’re cheap too at around £45 so that’s a bonus as the fronts are not cheap.

Proper giggle to drive still, looking forward to next week now as I’m off to the ‘ring on holiday.

It's a little, erm, unrefined compared to the M140. And I keep getting in it and pressing the start button with nothing happening, forgetting I have to put the keys in the ignition and turn them. :D

Commissario
I'm going to sound like an idiot now, but do you only have the frunk on the cabriolet? The coupe is surprisingly capacious with the 2+2 and a frunk AND a sort of boot.
You could in theory try and put some stuff behind the rear seats when the roof is up, but it would be a PITA to get things in and out!

Soldato
The FD2 came out of the garage again today to go for a service up at Performance Autoworks. Nothing major, just engine oil and gearbox oil plus a look at the pads as they were picked up on the recent MoT for 'wearing thin'.

Love it! If I had the dosh I would hands down buy one, but then be very reluctant to put miles on it for fear of it losing value, totally the wrong mindset but these things are only going to increase in value.

What i've noticed lately is the FD2 has gone up in price since last year, a DC5 is now last years FD2 price, and an Accord Euro R are now last years DC5 price, These JDM N/A honda's are only going to continue to go up.

Man of Honour
Yeah they are good for keeping their value. There’s one with 6k miles for sale but it’s the wrong side of £20k. I’d love to have it but I already own two cars so it’d be a bit of a pointless purchase as I don’t see it going up in value beyond its purchase price.

Soldato
How do you drive that around? Like physically?

I would bottom it out about 10 times a day with the way the roads are with all these speed bumps.
Its actually not that bad, the sump sits pretty high up so i can clear most things provided the splitter does. Roads in sheffield aren't great but never had an issue getting around.

Back
Top Bottom