Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Pasta maker for my partner, 6th anniversary gift. Sneaky Amazon collection box trip at 11pm as we'd been out all day! (Rubbish photos as usual, rear of phone is smashed and it's crap)

yyXIPF5l.jpg

And she made me tagliatelle for lunch and noodles for dinner :D

QxotBigl.jpg
Looks very fun! Is pasta something that is worth the effort of making? There are a few things which I firmly believe are not worth the time / faff, such as various curry pastes (good in a ‘woohoo I made this’ way but otherwise not remarkably different from what you can buy).

I guess being all ‘woohoo I made this pasta’ is pretty cool!

Soldato
Looks very fun! Is pasta something that is worth the effort of making? There are a few things which I firmly believe are not worth the time / faff, such as various curry pastes (good in a ‘woohoo I made this’ way but otherwise not remarkably different from what you can buy).

I guess being all ‘woohoo I made this pasta’ is pretty cool!
It was really exciting to have proper fresh pasta, I'm a fan but rarely go places that do it. I think the fact she used it twice on day one says a lot!

I'm also pretty "Tasty over effort" in my cooking so let's see how I get along with it myself. It's pretty basic: flour and water, eggs if you want, mix it up, knead, start rolling. Works out really cheap too!

Associate
BpM9Ncb.jpg

Logitech G560 Speakers

Awesome, sound great but very loud. Even at Windows volume 2 they are much louder than I’d expect. The LightSync setting is great but distracting after a while, matching the colours on screen

Sorry to revive this year old post, but I love the look of this! I was thinking of getting the same speakers.

Soldato
Love my Momentum 2 Wireless, but I can't turn off NC when using Bluetooth. These sound equally good, with a brighter overall presentation, however you can use their app to alter the sound :)

Very premium feeling, and I feel the £225 Amazon are asking is about right for these. £450 is outrageously expensive.

Untitled by MrRockliffe, on Flickr

Soldato
I think I've got it now..

2a7tt09.jpg

A case of Rich Energy, with what happened over the weekend I think this will be a collectors item in a few months :)

Soldato
Unless you die of diabetes before then ofc

I thought after the Silverstone GP that Rich Energy, with their then CEO going nuts all over twitter, that either the HASS F1 team won't be sponsered by them any more. Or Rich Energy might fold as they are about to taken to court by Whyte Bikes for Copyright infringement and Rich Energy may even be wound up by the high court.

I don't drink energy drinks so no risk of diabetes - not from those anyway. :)

Caporegime
I thought after the Silverstone GP that Rich Energy, with their then CEO going nuts all over twitter, that either the HASS F1 team won't be sponsered by them any more. Or Rich Energy might fold as they are about to taken to court by Whyte Bikes for Copyright infringement and Rich Energy may even be wound up by the high court.

I don't drink energy drinks so no risk of diabetes - not from those anyway. :)

Their sheer and utter lunacy is very entertaining to watch, I'm seriously looking forward to reading the court documents once they become public domain. Their attempts to twist the truth and lie themselves out of every corner they get worked in to whilst thinking that everyone's an idiot is absolutely amazing. They're pretty much that kid who gets busted shoplifting with his hands in the sweetie jar who then says he wasn't stealing.

PS, send me a can pls, wanna try it ktnx

(I suspect it's exactly the same stuff that gets handed out at every EGX / Comic Con / whatever other event where gaming is concerned. You know, the stuff they buy for 10p per blank can, stick their label on it and hand it out as promo stuff).

Caporegime
Unless you die of diabetes before then ofc

He didn't buy it because it's energy drink, he bought it because it's one of those companies which just boggles the mind regardless of how you look at it. It's complete and utter madness. The story is akin to Area 51, shrouded in mystery, nobody knows where the truth stops and the lies begin, they claimed to have much moolah in the bank but when investigated were found to have less than £100 in disposable income, they claimed to have produced "millions of cans of energy drink" and when confronted they reinforced that by saying "just the empty cans, no energy drink", they stole their logo from Whyte Bikes (court case ongoing), their promo display at an F1 race was literally an unpowered fridge hidden in a corner with no one attending it, yet somehow they manage to fund an F1 team. Certainly worth a little read up on if you like mysterious companies.

I haven't watched this video but I can't imagine it being far from the truth:

Soldato
1563345574.jpg

CiT KB-738 Premium Mini USB Keyboard £8.99 from the rain forest. Immediately after ordering it I saw a similar board from a competitor for less than half price but then immediately noticed it had one of those horrible small return buttons, so in the end I made the right choice. :D

Man of Honour
My mums laptop is a bit old and she's wanting to try a tablet out to replace it. So I've bought a new iPad Pro 11" to replace the 10.5" which will be handed over to her. So annoying. :D

I didn't expect it to be that much better but I'm thoroughly impressed so far. The Logitech keyboard is very bulky, but ideal for train journeys to London which I will be doing more off soon. I may look for a less bulky around the house keyboard.

wBtRMtN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom