*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Caporegime
I have a couple of issues with my otherwise excellent Sonos One - has anyone encountered / fixed these?

1. When I play a radio station via the default Tune In app, it stutters every few seconds (on any station). I've enabled Radio Player instead, which works perfectly, but it still defaults to using Tune In unless I specifically tell it to play using Radio Player. Is there any way to disable Tune In or at least change the default radio station app? Or perhaps even fix the stuttering on Tune In? It's not the WiFi network, because everything else is perfect and there's a strong signal where the speakers are located.

2. When Alexa starts playing a track, the music starts before Alexa has finished introducing the song, meaning the beginning gets masked by Alex talking. Is there a way round this?

I have a basic two-speaker stereo set up in the kitchen with no other Alexa speakers.

Thanks.

Man of Honour
Regarding point one, that's odd, my TuneIn works perfectly. I'd be tempted to log a support call with Sonos. If you message them via Facebook (if you have it) they are very quick to respond and will ask for a diagnostics bundle.

Caporegime
Regarding point one, that's odd, my TuneIn works perfectly. I'd be tempted to log a support call with Sonos. If you message them via Facebook (if you have it) they are very quick to respond and will ask for a diagnostics bundle.
Thanks, I will do that.

I've also just encountered a 3rd point: if using Google as the voice assistant on a Sonos, you can't seem to make it use Amazon Music as the default music service. I'm a Prime member so Amazon Music makes a lot of sense, however I prefer the Google voice assistant to Alexa.

Is there a way round this, rather than having to say '...using Amazon Music' every time?

Associate
Anyone experiencing lip sync issues with their Sonos Beam? It's connected with my Sony XF9005 via HDMI ARC, I tried every possible combination of settings but I can't get it to sync 100%, it's very annoying!!!

Associate
Anyone experiencing lip sync issues with their Sonos Beam? It's connected with my Sony XF9005 via HDMI ARC, I tried every possible combination of settings but I can't get it to sync 100%, it's very annoying!!!

Use optical instead and you will have no problems. That's how mine is connected to my XF9005.

Associate
Yep I tried it and it works almost perfectly now! Do you have clearsound set to off? And sound mode to normal or cinema? The rest of your audio settings are the default ones?

ClearAudio+ must be off, sound mode standard, in advanced settings make sure dolby digital plus output is set to dolby digital.

Associate
I'm going to purchase 2 Sonos Play:1's to add to my Beam, is it going to be a big upgrade?

Also, my couch is against the wall so I don't have the option of placing them behind me, is this going to be a problem?

Soldato
Guys got an issue with apple music on sonos

Basically I could always authorise my apple music sub on a family members iPad , same sonos speakers, it's just nice that everyone in my household could use my apple sub to play music if I wasn't about.

Sonos app is asking to reauthorise on this iPad but when I click to do that it goes to the apple music app and prompts for a free trial.

Fixed it, I needed to reauthorise on the main account device with apple music, the device I had trouble with then went straight into AM without needing to reauthorise.

Last edited:
Soldato
A nice customer service story for you. Realised a couple of nights ago at about 9pm that my Beam had started to resonate with particularly bassy notes.

Used messenger to get in contact withy Sonos. Uploaded a couple of videos to their server on their request, by 10pm they'd agreed to replace it, and the new one arrived this morning. UPS will be picking up the return tomorrow.

Associate
A nice customer service story for you. Realised a couple of nights ago at about 9pm that my Beam had started to resonate with particularly bassy notes.

Used messenger to get in contact withy Sonos. Uploaded a couple of videos to their server on their request, by 10pm they'd agreed to replace it, and the new one arrived this morning. UPS will be picking up the return tomorrow.

That's good to hear. You bought it from their website or elsewhere?

Associate
@bazzabear wonder what their customer service is like if it's bought from a 3rd party?

From your description it sounds like you've got similar symptoms to me. Was the issue present all the time? Mine comes and goes, but it's only ever present when there's bass, sounds like vibration as if something is loose inside.

Soldato
It was an odd one. Noticed it when playing Uptown Funk, and it wasn't so much a buzz, as a single extra bang with each bass note which wasn't part of the music. As you say, it really sounded like something was loose inside the speaker. Also strange, it happened at mid volume, but not at low or high.

I couldn't really tell you whether it comes and goes, because it was boxed up ready to return an hour after we first noticed it. :D

Back
Top Bottom