New Nissan Skyline announced!!!!

Soldato
How is it clickbait?
Title says new Nissan skyline announced.
He posts a link to the new Nissan skyline.

It's much better looking than I was expecting.

Do we normally get excited about ordinary saloons that arent sold in the UK? Are four exclamation marks appropriate for something like that?

The thread title preys on the concept that in places like the UK and US we equate Skyline and GTR, which of course isnt really the case. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
It almost certainly won't be Japan only, like the last two Skylines it will most likely be sold outside Japan under Nissan's premium Infiniti brand

And I think I threw up in my mouth
Assuming this isn't a bait thread, the Nissan Skyline and the Nissan Skyline GTR were split into separate marquees years ago.

Back in 2001 the V35 Skyline launched without a GTR variant and then in 2007 Nissan completed the divorce by launching the V36 Skyline again with no GTR variant then launching the R35 GTR as a separate car free of the Skyline moniker.

I don't think any skyline outside of GT or GTR spec has been particularly desirable. It's a run of the mill japanese saloon.
The Skyline Autech editions were/are quite desirable (they used the same engine as the GTR but in high compression NA form).

Associate
I realise this and I hope you took my post to be tongue in cheek. People conveniently seem to forget, or are ignorant to, the fact that the Skyline isn't a performance car, just has performance variants.

It's like complaining about the appearance of the BMW M3, based on a photo of a beige BMW 318se with steel wheels.

understood, but i'll take any opertunity to post a picture of my car :D

Back
Top Bottom