Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Soldato
OP
Superflower leadex platinum 850w, bought in 2016.

last ditch ! try moving 8 PIN CPU leads to second socket and removal all other power cables. also move GPU leads into another socket slot .

24 pin powers the board and ram but 8 pin is the CPU and wont turn off if dead. least getting easy components out the way

Caporegime
last ditch ! try moving 8 PIN CPU leads to second socket and removal all other power cables. also move GPU leads into another socket slot .

24 pin powers the board and ram but 8 pin is the CPU and wont turn off if dead. least getting easy components out the way
No luck. I think I’m gonna have to accept the mobos dead. I don’t understand why it’s still receiving power though. USB ports are still providing power.

Associate
The boards have been shipped... I use the word should as I cannot talk on the behalf of couriers who need to deliver and OCUK warehouse staff to book the boards on to the system... They have shipped though...
what about gen4 ssd drives? are they shipped as well? as it suppose to be here like a week ago.. :S

Also one more question, why on motherboard chipset drivers on gygabyte website it says radeon adrenalin software? what it have to do with cpu? :D

Caporegime
Likely going to pull the trigger on the Ultra myself. Can you please do me a favour and let me know if you can: a) Set the LED lighting to white (also if so, is it RGB or RGBW?) and b) turn off ALL the lighting on the board entirely

TIA :)
can’t tell atm mate, it’s got to go back, BIOS update borked it.

I’m pretty sure you can do the things you mention, certainly changing led colour.

Soldato
OK, so I think I've done as much as I can do. I've tried clearing CMOS, nothing, I tried reflashing using Q Flash nothing, no lights or anything. I've just removed PSU and did paperclip test. PSU fired up straight away, so it's not that either. I'm totally out of ideas. It would be nice if I could get a bit of advice from @GIGA-Man, seeing as he is their official representative on here. I'm so disappointed with the board and the fact that Gigabytes technical support is pretty much non existent, that I might even consider just buying a different brand of board and getting a refund on the Gigabyte.
I know that you've packed it up now, but did you try removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then putting back in? Some Gigabyte X370 boards had this problem and removing the battery fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom