• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can’t install Windows 7 with a X570 Tachi

Permabanned
Im not sure if I’m being a total idiot or this motherboard is just messing with me.

I’m trying to install Windows 7 but it is having none of it despite me having installed this os millions of times.

Basically I put the boot disk in get to the select language/keyboard page then my mouse and keyboard stop working so that I cannot select any settings. I’ve tried disabling CSM in the bios and then booting windows but it just hangs on the windows logo forever in a day.

what Am I doing wrong?

Associate
I know what's wrong, I know windows 7 does not support usb 3 where if you install windows 10 your mouse and keyboard will work as it supports usb 3.

Correct me if wrong but I had same problem maybe different but when I booted to install windows 7 the mouse and keyboard didn't work.

Permabanned
OP
My old motherboard had usb3 and that worked. The plan is to unfortunately install windows 10 but I’m waiting on a nvme and my windows 10 image is on the hardrives im still trying to access.

Associate
Im not sure if I’m being a total idiot or this motherboard is just messing with me.

I’m trying to install Windows 7 but it is having none of it despite me having installed this os millions of times.

Basically I put the boot disk in get to the select language/keyboard page then my mouse and keyboard stop working so that I cannot select any settings. I’ve tried disabling CSM in the bios and then booting windows but it just hangs on the windows logo forever in a day.

what Am I doing wrong?
Can this help??

https://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/install-windows-7-from-usb-3.0-port.htm

Soldato
As above, it may be due to no USB 3 drivers in Windows 7. Go on the motherboard page, download the USB drivers (may be part of chipset) and then slipstream them to the ISO or put them on a FAT32 drive. It's how I had to do it on some PCs I have at work with USB 3 only, although they're Intel Atom PCs.

Another alternative which I found works, try using a PS/2 mouse or keyboard.

Associate
I had the exact same problem with an installed version on another hard drive. Couldn't log in. Wonder if I put the drive in a different PC could I get a driver for usb 3? I've been on windows 10 a while now anyway

Permabanned
OP
I was hoping I could just get around it somehow as a temporary measure. I got too excited and stripped my old computer apart too quickly. Looks like I have to take it all apart again. What a pain.

Permabanned
OP
As above, it may be due to no USB 3 drivers in Windows 7. Go on the motherboard page, download the USB drivers (may be part of chipset) and then slipstream them to the ISO or put them on a FAT32 drive. It's how I had to do it on some PCs I have at work with USB 3 only, although they're Intel Atom PCs.

Another alternative which I found works, try using a PS/2 mouse or keyboard.
I can’t access none of that without reinstalling my old motherboard etc and I do not have any ps/2 devices.

Associate
I was hoping I could just get around it somehow as a temporary measure. I got too excited and stripped my old computer apart too quickly. Looks like I have to take it all apart again. What a pain.

Maybe try and find usb 2 ports and start from there to plug in your mouse and keyboard?

Worth a try I did that before when I found usb 2 ports the mouse and keyboard worked and then installed usb 3 drivers for the os.

Not sure but give it a go as the x570 mobo has all kinds of usb ports...try them all and then give up or it works.

Permabanned
OP
Neither my mouse or keyboard is usb3 specific I don’t think there are any usb2 ports on the tachi. The mouse and keyboard work fine in the bios just not when I try to install windows.

Associate
Neither my mouse or keyboard is usb3 specific I don’t think there are any usb2 ports on the tachi. The mouse and keyboard work fine in the bios just not when I try to install windows.

Well there you go, bummer but I had the exact same problem.

If you install windows 10 you will find that your mouse and keyboard will work.

Associate
Yea unless I am mistaken but you can download windows 10 for free, but I think you will need a license and yea in my experience these sites that sell windows keys are legit in my experience.
Yeah Ive used the same site twice and had no problems.

Matter of fact the key I bought yesterday didn't work and the PC was telling me to call Microsoft and give them some product ID which is a lot of numbers I guess linked to the Serial. Called them, told them what happened, gave them all the numbers, and they gave me a digital licence ID over the phone to active it.

Back
Top Bottom