• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX2070 Super and RTX2060 Super review thread

Soldato
Yup.

Unless you're interested in RT, but anyone with half a working brain realises that RT won't be worth it for a generation or two.

If you with half a working brain think that played at Ultra or maxed graphics settings won't be worth it for a generation or two then you realises you made a mistake bought MSI GTX 1070 played games at lower than Ultra graphics settings, you should had bought GTX 1050 instead to played games at low graphics settings.

Soldato
The RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition vs. the liquid cooled RX Vega 64 and vs. NVIDIA’s SUPER Cards

https://babeltechreviews.com/the-rx...cooled-rx-vega-64-and-vs-nvidias-super-cards/

Babeltechreviews tested Vega 64, RX 5700 XT, RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition, RTX 2060 SUPER and RTX 2070 SUPER.

RTX 2070 SUPER completed DESTROYED RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition in every benchmarks and both RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition never won a single benchmark. RTX 2060 SUPER managed to won 23 benchmarks.

Going by the benchies I've seen on youtube they show the 5700xt marginally slower than the 2070 super @ 1440p (where I reckon these cards should be placed), with the wins being swapped between the two cards, hardly "destroying" the 5700xt. I reckon overall the 2070 super is the faster card overall, but not by that much and it should be, its nearly £100 more expensive

Associate
Going by the benchies I've seen on youtube they show the 5700xt marginally slower than the 2070 super @ 1440p (where I reckon these cards should be placed), with the wins being swapped between the two cards, hardly "destroying" the 5700xt. I reckon overall the 2070 super is the faster card overall, but not by that much and it should be, its nearly £100 more expensive

But when Nvidia is the faster card, you must say destroyed in order to warrant the additional £100

Soldato
But when Nvidia is the faster card, you must say destroyed in order to warrant the additional £100
Ah.....yeah, sorry, forgot about that

As an aside, I was looking at getting either one of these cards (I hold no allegiance to either company, just value for money) and the 5700xt seemed the best value/performance offering in comparison, I mean 5-10% increase in framerate for nearly £100 difference, no brainer really

Soldato
I’m sure a decent AIB 5700xt will be within touching distance of a super 2070, probably better after driver improvements so it’s all down to their pricing.

Soldato
Anyone truly not bothered about ray tracing i think the 5700xt is a pretty exciting prospect now the prices got a pre launch cut.

My issue is - and it is pretty much the same as it was 10 years ago with physX.
RTX may not be that well supported yet, but when it is it is pretty blooming lovely imo and as such i would find it hard if paying that amount of money to not pay a bit more and at least have the option of it.

but ... for those convinced it is going to fail - and there seem to be a lot in that camp - then AMD have a nice offering .

Back
Top Bottom