Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
what are people thoughts on all pond solutions line of canister filters? they are cheaper than the likes of jbl or fluval but get good reviews.

They are rebranded SunSun filters, so Chinese made. Not nearly as good as the European made ones but obviously that is reflected in the price.

Soldato
Lost all my corals in 4 days.. Damnit. 1 Hammer which was going well has bailed from his skeleton, a 2 head duncan died off, goniopora died too. Seeing a small ammonia spike going on for some reason too i can account for all snails,cuc etc and all fish.
Need to get on top of this before my anemones die too.

Associate
Arggggg fish are stupid. I put a new moss wall in a tank a couple weeks ago and I come back to find a fish has killed its self by wedging its self behind it and getting trapped while I was at work.

frigging darwin award winning fish.

there was like zero room for him to get behind there. Even my young cherry shrimp dont go back there.

Soldato
Lost all my corals in 4 days.. Damnit. 1 Hammer which was going well has bailed from his skeleton, a 2 head duncan died off, goniopora died too. Seeing a small ammonia spike going on for some reason too i can account for all snails,cuc etc and all fish.
Need to get on top of this before my anemones die too.

Any signs of disease?

Whats your parameters?

Have you been monitoring temps in this heat?

Soldato
Arggggg fish are stupid. I put a new moss wall in a tank a couple weeks ago and I come back to find a fish has killed its self by wedging its self behind it and getting trapped while I was at work.

there was like zero room for him to get behind there. Even my young cherry shrimp dont go back there.

One of my Rasboras got stuck when I tried to make one (didn't die though). They get excited whenever something new is put in the tank and swim round/in it :/

Soldato

I don’t think it’s a likely scenario.

What’s more likely is it died from disease, stress, heat, fighting or naturally. The other fish and the water flow would have pushed it back there as they try to eat it.

Miss balls are not very heavy and even small fish have a surprising amount of strength.

Associate
I don’t think it’s a likely scenario.

What’s more likely is it died from disease, stress, heat, fighting or naturally. The other fish and the water flow would have pushed it back there as they try to eat it.

Miss balls are not very heavy and even small fish have a surprising amount of strength.
Nope not a chance of that i'm afraid. it's against the filter flow and you can see the marks where the fish has scrapped scales of trying to struggle free. The bottom of the wall is dug into the sand and the top secured to the lip of the tank. It wriggled in and i'm guessing the wall stopped budging and it could only try to get out by going forward.

This was a scarlet badis btw so maybe 3cm long fish and able to squeeze in through a couple mm gap to get behind there.

guess i'm going to angle it now so anything can swim freely behind it and uturn.

Associate
Not possible to glue it against the tank? Super glue is fish safe and cures under water
I like to move my decor around to much for that. I'll only need to move the base of the wall an inch or so things cant get trapped. I might not notice it and it's mostly a shrimp tank anyway. I'll just have to accept the odd fish hiding behind it. The angle might help the lower part of the wall grow in so that's sort of a win.

Associate
for now it is just 1 scarlet badis (was a pair) so all but the smallest shrimp are safe anyway and dont hide. I'm upgrading them to a 42L tomorrow and did have plans to introduce some killi's, CPD's or emeralds further down the line after a holiday. That might cause some hiding but them maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom