• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can’t install Windows 7 with a X570 Tachi

Associate
I have the same motherboard sitting in front of me,and it does have 2 usb2 headers

Yes that is correct look at below image then look at no 24 25.

67590771_10157409252427375_4432575423938822144_n.jpg

or see for yourself go to page 16 here > http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/X570 Taichi.pdf

Associate
Cheap Windows 10 key from the bay is probably your best bet, and then a kind friend with a copy of Windows on a USB stick. I know you probably don't want to use Windows 10, but that seems like the less arduous option!

Permabanned
OP
It does, not on the rear IO, on the front of the board, but you need the case cables which lead to the front of the case to use them.
I have no doubt the manual lists them it’s just that they do not work.

I’ll repeat again. Mouse and keyboard works in the bios, they work during windows 10 installation they will not work when installing windows 7 or even trying to access my original boot drive which has the usb3 drivers installed on it.

I’ve given up now and reinstalled my old gear. I will do a proper install when my nvme drive arrives.

Associate

I’ll repeat again. Mouse and keyboard works in the bios, they work during windows 10 installation they will not work when installing windows 7 or even trying to access my original boot drive which has the usb3 drivers installed on it.

I’ve given up now and reinstalled my old gear. I will do a proper install when my nvme drive arrives.
I know, I was just telling the guy above :)

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Neither my mouse or keyboard is usb3 specific I don’t think there are any usb2 ports on the tachi. The mouse and keyboard work fine in the bios just not when I try to install windows.
There are 2 sets of header pins at the bottom of the board for usb 2.0. (labelled USB 1_2 and USB 3_4 to the left of the Q code display) They are usually used for front panel connections. Based on other comments though I doubt they'll work as there are no x570 chipset drivers for windows 7. Could use a usb expansion card if you had one but easier to just install windows 10.

Last edited:
Soldato

is it that hard to get a ps2 keyboard? :)

Associate
maybe this is some help?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/catb3t/i_fixed_windows_7_usb_support_for_matisse_ryzen/

First two comments/reply

danielfletcher
Asrock has an automated utility in the downloads for their 3xx/4xx mobos that modifies your Window 7 iso image for you. Easier to just use that as it works with other brands as well. Even my HP EliteBook with Ryzen Mobile.

Boxman90
If you reinstall, perhaps, although that utility will not have the new Matisse device-ID listed yet,
so probably will not work either. The utility simply slipstreams AMD-certified drivers into your image, whereas in this case there are no plug'n'play drivers available at all.

This is for people who are already on AM4 and are just applying a drop-in upgrade like I did. I came from 1700x to 3900x, so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom