• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Thats what most people expect when undervolting, but apparently on AMD new CPUS (and GPUs) there is a new system that just throttles back performance if it senses volts are not enough. So do check performance before and after applying undervolt

Interesting, so in future on AMD tech I will monitor clocks/performance like a hawk when underclocking to make sure they stable.

Still it doesnt mean undervolting will definitely cause that, if the cpu can handle it then it will be the same as before lower temps and potential more performance.

Associate
Many thanks, are you simply running it stock or have you played with the bios. Also what all core boost do you get, I am tempted now to only get the 3700X as I don't think I will benefit from the 3800X.
I currently have a 2600 with 16gb ram running at 3200 so I am hopeful I can just plug and play at the same ram speeds.

I'm running mostly stock settings, I've manually tweaked the RAM timings a little that's all.

Just ran a few benches with CPU-Z. All core boost 4.15GHz and single core 4.39GHz.

Associate
Is it normal for my 3800x to constantly run at 4.32 to 4.34ghz all cores when idle just sat on desktop with nothing open? also showing a average of 1.45 volts for cpu? this is in hwinfo

i have not changed anything in the bios other than memory profile. 4.34 is an overclock sure for all cores? im confused lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom