Ebola outbreak in DRC is now an 'International concern'

Caporegime
This ain't no joke, I've seen Outbreak :(

(But srs, Africa gonna Africa, I could wax lyrical about how sad it is and how easily it could be prevented but is anyone genuinely surprised this is happening?)

Soldato
After all the over reaction from the last outbreak I'll take the concerns about this one with a massive pinch of salt.

Man of Honour
The most depressing thing from that article is that they only need $98mil to tackle the outbreak.

After all the over reaction from the last outbreak I'll take the concerns about this one with a massive pinch of salt.

I always used to think this about all these outbreaks you hear about, but it makes sense to overreact to it. I’d rather they make a massive deal over it and ensure it doesn’t spread, instead of underestimating how serious it is and having it spread quietly.

Caporegime
No different with anti-vaxxers in the West then is it?
Exhibit A - idiots killing doctors
Exhibit B - idiots refusing vaccinations

Known extreme lefty: "No difference that I can see."

Also, lol Africa. They've had years of money and manpower funnelled into them and corruption has taken most of it. And many of them prefer to hang on to their voodoo culture and crap like that. Sympathy dwindling. Can lead a horse to water but...

Also yeah I'm sure it's (still) all our fault as well. Because empire, or something.

Caporegime
Exhibit A - idiots killing doctors
Exhibit B - idiots refusing vaccinations

Known extreme lefty: "No difference that I can see."

Also, lol Africa. They've had years of money and manpower funnelled into them and corruption has taken most of it. And many of them prefer to hang on to their voodoo culture and crap like that. Sympathy dwindling. Can lead a horse to water but...

Also yeah I'm sure it's (still) all our fault as well. Because empire, or something.

Not an extreme lefty, as if that has anything to do with it... the result and conclusion is the same, it doesn't matter if the method is different, it still ultimately risks everyone else, it's still dogma deciding the fates of others.

Also nothing to do with fault either, not containing a plague is beyond stupid, pretty much advocating genocide. That said, the WHO needs more powers to quarantine a whole country, it's only a matter of time before a plague occurs and the current measures are inadequate to protecting others and yes this includes ***** who think they're above vaccination.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do we know where it is coming from?
According to Centres for Disease Control and Prevention humans can get EVD through direct contact with an infected animal (Fruit Bats or Monkeys). According to Live Science The only animals found to harbor the Ebola virus were bats, specifically, three species of fruit bat: The hammer-headed bat, Franquet's epauletted fruit bat, and the little collared fruit bat.

Back
Top Bottom