Buy Now or Wait

Associate
I'm currently in the market for a new gaming laptop and have been looking at a couple of options

1) Dell G5 - i7-9750H, 144Hz Screen, 1660Ti - possibility of buying one at £1041

2) Acer Nitro 5 - i7-9750H, 1660ti - retails around £1199

3) HP Omen - i7-9750H, 1660ti

3) Acer Predator Helios - i7-9750H, 144Hz, 1660ti - around £1299

My issue with buying the dell G5 right now is issues that i've seen about screen brightness and thermals. I understand the thermal throttling issue can be sorted by undervolting but I still cant seem to find reliable information on if it is comfortable and safe at this level. I've also heard of issues with the dell's performance dropping drastically when disconnected from the power supply, is the prevalent on the others as well

Is it worth it to buy the dell as i'll be doing gaming and lots of development with the possibility of some light content creation, or should I just buy the helios or omen right out, or wait for sales?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums,

This forum is run by and paid for by Overclockers UK PC retailer so links to competitors and their prices are strictly against the forum rules.

Please list your budget and the specs of the machines (OCUK's links are ok) and then other members can help you.

Back
Top Bottom