• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
It's just in my case, there's not really much I can photo I'm afraid.
It all feels quality though.

Stressing me out thinking I'm going to have to redo it like.
Wonder if it's worth just getting a thermal pad for the GPU core and that'll sort it I reckon.

The junction temp is supposed to throttle at 115C so you a very close. Only way I can think to lower that is by lowering the voltage a bit.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I'm having some issues with my GPU junction temperature under the Morpheus.
My GPU temp was at 61C and my Junction temperature at 112C.

Can someone point at the PCB and tell me what I need to cool to sort that out please?
I can only assume the guy on reddit has missed it out.

My clocks were 2092MHZ in Firestrike Ultra as well.

Lovely acoustics.
Can possibly get 2200MHZ if I sort out the junction!

Junction temp is just the hotspot temp is it not? While GPU temp is the edge temp.

Looks like it's not making contact with the core properly somewhere, probably needs a remount or more pressure.

Caporegime
Junction temp is just the hotspot temp is it not? While GPU temp is the edge temp.

Looks like it's not making contact with the core properly somewhere, probably needs a remount or more pressure.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking
May have to get a thermal pad as they're easiest for this type of thing.
But it's promising

Caporegime
I'm having some issues with my GPU junction temperature under the Morpheus.
My GPU temp was at 61C and my Junction temperature at 112C.

Can someone point at the PCB and tell me what I need to cool to sort that out please?
I can only assume the guy on reddit has missed it out.

My clocks were 2092MHZ in Firestrike Ultra as well.

Lovely acoustics.
Can possibly get 2200MHZ if I sort out the junction!
Junction temp is the hottest temperature on the core, most likely in the middle. It's possible that the contact between the heatsink you are using and the GPU core is not perfect. This is why a thermal pad works quite well.

Caporegime
@LtMatt
I'm running Fire strike Ultra at 2000 MHZ at 1100mv as I fixed my driver issue however did crash with 1075MV.

If this passes through, while your silicon is better I don't think it's particularly high binning as I'd expect 25MV variance between standard models.
Is 1100Mhz stable at 1100mv after a good hour of solid gaming though? Mine is and can go lower. :)

Caporegime
could someone please have a gaming session like you normally would with the fan set to 50-60 percent and tell me what the temp is and what the noise is like. thanks !

Man of Honour
OP
@Kaapstad another one for the roll of honour. :)

JyiPXaG.jpg

The Anniversary Edition looks lovely in the flesh.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Soldato
temps fine then but the noise isnt ? is it loud or whiny ?

Temps are fine when you adjust the fan. At the default 2100 rpm temps are at 85c. At that fan speed the noise is perfectly fine.
Go above that and it starts to annoy me. 3000 ish and it sounds like a kettle is boiling in another room (to me anyway)
I and a few others have got frame pacing issues. This is my main reason for returning

Soldato
Temps are fine when you adjust the fan. At the default 2100 rpm temps are at 85c. At that fan speed the noise is perfectly fine.
Go above that and it starts to annoy me. 3000 ish and it sounds like a kettle is boiling in another room (to me anyway)
I and a few others have got frame pacing issues. This is my main reason for returning

You bought an AMD graphic card? Why I do not believe you. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom