what do you name your computers ?

Soldato
This reminds me, we use a lot of 5-port network switches for port mirroring and debug. They're all network configurable for mirrors, rate limiting etc so we've named them mostly after political figures. We have an Ivanka, a Donald, but I'm pretty sure I called mine Derek!

Man of Honour
wow I'm proper boring. Mine get names like PC19-02 (second PC in 2019), laptops get names like NB19-01 (first new laptop of 2019) and so on. The one exception to this was when I built my TR system which is simply called TRipper and my surrounding stuff also gets the moniker as well so the NAS I use for NFS storage is TRNas, my Firewall (Fortigate) is called Cerberus and that's about as exciting as it gets.

Soldato
My PC's are named after Discworld characters; Carrot, Vimes, Lu-Tze, Rincewind, Errol etc. PC's I've built for other people are named after them just for ease.

An old NAS was called Snazzy Jeff and the current one is simply call Warehouse as it's a backup of important but rarely opened documents.

Man of Honour
I use planets and moons from the solar system, with my main router being the sun (because everything revolves around it).

Back
Top Bottom