Metal Chop Saw

Associate
Hi all

I have a cheap metal chop saw, its made by Ozito, 2300w 14" cutting disc, seems alright for the price and its just for hobby use.
I'm currently trying to cut some 3mm angle steel and the disc keep flexing, so its not getting a decent enough cut, in my eyes anyway.

Can anyone recommend a cutting disc that can cut without flexing?
Size is 14" / 355mm and 25mm centre hole. (also, its 3mm, 30 grit and rated for 4400rpm)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Ah that makes sense. I thought it was 3mm flat piece.

Other than the suggestion of the Evolution blade (which i'm not sure they do in 355mm actually) and other than an angle grinder. I'm out!

No worries :)
I did a bit of reading online and people are saying chop saws with abrasive discs are not amazing for doing 45 degree cuts, apparently even big brands warp slightly, and the suggestion is to use a metal band saw instead.

Cheers

Soldato
We hand a band saw at work, it's great. I find chop saws make way too much noise when cutting lol. Have you any sort of machine shop type places nearby that might have one that you could use?

Associate
OP
We hand a band saw at work, it's great. I find chop saws make way too much noise when cutting lol. Have you any sort of machine shop type places nearby that might have one that you could use?

I've been considering making my own, shouldn't be too difficult lol.

I don't know about that, I'd have to research what's in the area, but definitely a good suggestion, I will do some digging and see what I can find.. cheers :)

Soldato
Evolution chop saw blades are good as they actually cut rather than being abrasive, i'm sure mine is 355mm.

Last time i had to do any cutting and welding with angle i did it all by hand with a good quality hacksaw blade, i found it to be the easiest way to get the angles bob on with a good clean cut for welding.

I was only making a small double motorbike trailer though so there was probably only 20ish cuts which was fine to do by hand but that was all with 5mm angle, depends on the size of your project!

Back
Top Bottom