Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Permabanned
I have been a big Apple user for years but got a OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to play with and love it, so thinking of switching to it as my daily driver. The smart watch situation has been bugging me, I have a series 4 Apple Watch and it never quite works right for me with notifications not always coming through. I actually don't need the complexity of the Apple Watch as I always have my phone with me. I have ordered a Withings Steel HR with sapphire glass as I love the idea of charging it only every few weeks but still having notifications with fitness and sleep tracking. Anyone else using one?

Soldato
Thought my S3 Frontier needed a little upgrade, so got a new bezel and strap. Pretty happy with the results.

cM8bzzq.jpg

HTH8y0c.jpg
Similar, went for the silver a few weeks ago, liking it over stock galaxy watch 46mm bezel.

20190608-170807.jpg

Soldato
I've got a Fossil Gen 4 Explorist HR watch, and can't help but feel it needs a nice stand for it to charge on.

Googling around I found this product: https://www.artifexdesign3d.com/sto...lorist_HR_and_Q_Venture_HR_Gen_4_Combo.html#/

Anyone used them? I can see it's essentially a 3D printed stand, but it looks like they've obviously added extras and lots of R&D done on it.
I've msgd to see if they ship to UK.

Anyone bought any others? Ideally I'd like it to hold my watch and my OnePlus 5 whilst allowing the charger to work with the devices.

Soldato
Got my galaxy watch yesterday, Argos sent me a brand new one :eek: Not bad for £170

WOW, what a difference from the awful ticwatch. Talk about night and day.

Not had a single issue with it yet, even spotify offline playlists worked first time.

The latest oneui update took a while to download and install, but everything is running great. Can't believe after using it for a while it was still well above 90% battery whereas the ticwatch would be about ready for a recharge :D

Soldato
Got my galaxy watch yesterday, Argos sent me a brand new one :eek: Not bad for £170

Not had a single issue with it yet, even spotify offline playlists worked first time.

The latest oneui update took a while to download and install, but everything is running great. Can't believe after using it for a while it was still well above 90% battery whereas the ticwatch would be about ready for a recharge :D

Good to know! My girlfriend let slip that she's very kindly bought one for my birthday next month. Is yours the Active, or one with a bezel?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ah I see! I very nearly got a Samsung watch rather than my Fossil Gen 4, the Fossil is a great watch though.

I'm still really tempted by them but am going to wait for the next gen devices.

Soldato
Ah I see! I very nearly got a Samsung watch rather than my Fossil Gen 4, the Fossil is a great watch though.

I'm still really tempted by them but am going to wait for the next gen devices.

Do it, you won't regret it at all. I was going to wait, but they will be £300 and I got mine for £170. The ability to listen to spotify on my run without having to take my phone with me is bloomin great.

Associate

Ohh sounds interesting.

Was it factory sealed or resealed by argos with other tape?

Soldato
Ohh sounds interesting.

Was it factory sealed or resealed by argos with other tape?

It was resealed with other tape, but once opened the insides were new. Good, apart from spending ages picking little bits of plastic off. Funny how Amazon and Argos had hundreds of A-Grade opened boxes for sale this week

Soldato
Do it, you won't regret it at all. I was going to wait, but they will be £300 and I got mine for £170. The ability to listen to spotify on my run without having to take my phone with me is bloomin great.

Main reason I'm getting it.

How do you find the run tracking? Is it reasonably accurate? And have you found an app that can do things like VO2 max and cadence?

Soldato
Main reason I'm getting it.

How do you find the run tracking? Is it reasonably accurate? And have you found an app that can do things like VO2 max and cadence?

I'm just waiting for my samsung buds to arrive before really going for it.....so only went for a quick blast last night. Hopefully will do a bit more over this weekend.

Soldato
Got my Active today. Nice enough, but a little small. Can't fault Amazon though; I can't find the "small scratch" that's supposedly on the rear of the device. It looks brand new, and the screen protector was still in place.

Interested to try the Galaxy Watch now. Should be with me on Sunday.

In other news, XDA Devs have ported Google Assistant to Tizen. So no more Bixby. Yay.

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-assistant-samsung-watch-hands-on/

Back
Top Bottom