Help choosing a new phone please

Associate
So 4 years ago I posted a very similar thread, and ended up with the Samsung Note 4 which was an excellent phone. So much that when I lost mine in 2017, I went on ebay and purchased another one.

Sadly, this phone is no longer up to scratch, and one of the features that I want in a phone is a removable battery which now pretty much doesn't exist. So I'm just looking at anything mid to highend that I feel I'm getting a bargain on for the specs/features.

I've got my eye on the Xiaomi Mi 9, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I should be considering currently?

Soldato
Mi 9 is a good shout. Also the Note 9 512gb has been available for £599 recently. That’s worth a look assuming you’re still happy with big phones.

Soldato
I would wait for the new note.

When the OP said he wanted mid to high end, I took that to mean ‘upper mid’. If he’s got a thousand quid for the cheapest Note 10, there are a lot of other good phones out there.

Knowing the budget would help us :)

Soldato
Note 9 on prime day deal is 499 if that's an option. I've been through the note series myself since the first one and they really do get better and better, note 9 has a 4000mah battery too so a proper all dayer.

Soldato
If you're open to Chinese phones, the Redmi K20 Pro could be an option. I just paid £410 for it and it's as fast as any flagships at the moment. Mine might be on the MM at some point too.

Soldato
I'm in the same boat, currently using a s7 Edge and used to have a Note 4...tempted to go mad and get the s10 5G to keep for 3 or so years, but the Note 9 512GB can be had for ~830 over 2 years with Unlimited Mins / Data and 30GB Data, and can be purchased for £599 unlocked...that's a lot of phone for that money...decisions, decisions...

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.u...galaxy-note-9-512gb-ocean-blue/sim-free-deals

Associate
Little thread bump sorry but I am also in the market for new phone, currently have an aging iPhone 6 plus 64g and a year old Xiaomi Rednote 5 pro.

I am sure upgrade next month on EE so was looking at getting either P30 or One plus 7.

Loving this Xiaomi though no new phone coming from them until next year.

Any thoughts?

Man of Honour
You don't need removable battery anymore. They last longer and dash charge quick

There are a number of reasons for having a removable battery - while fairly rare sometimes when travelling it is better to have a charged backup battery or two and I've had more than one phone where the battery had to be replaced well inside its lifespan including both my Note 1 (started bulging) and Note 4 (capacity down to half after just over a year!).

I got called to help with (or rather they wanted to palm off on me) a friend whose housemate had gone abroad leaving their non-removable battery phone behind with a repeating alarm with multiple snooze entries set and the phone locked and nothing we could do would silence it even turning it off didn't stop the alarm. (After the owner refused to provide the unlock code for some reason the phone apparently met a violent end).

Back
Top Bottom