32 Inch IPS G-Sync - Preferably 2560x1440 (not 4k)

Associate
Hi Guys

I recently got a nice high end 27 inch IPS, Gsync, 144hz monitor. I like it a lot but I do miss those extra inches from when i had a 32 inch monitor (non Gsync, fairly average).

This is, there does not seem to be a 32 inch, IPS, 2560x1440, 144hz monitor out there..Or at least I havent seen one. So I thought I would ask here in case any of you fine folks knew of one:)

Soldato
There are freesync ones which are probably gsync compatible if you search their models and see how gsync is on it, plus should be cheaper and if gsync works good on it in compatability mode depending on if u have a modern nvidia gpu i think 20xx series maybe the 10xx series tho not sure on that one. Then great.

Acer XZ321QU is close to what you want and in google i saw someone say it works but i dunno how well it works as the poster was vague just saying it came up that he could switch gsync compat on it via dp on that monitor. Id google a bit more tho if i were u. There is a 1080p 32in version without the U on the end which is on the compatibility list tho.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com...ompatible_list_with_links_basic_info/edw6g1f/

A redit user says it works and shows a video of it. Tho in his test he said ud have to disable hdr to get freesync working. Later drivers might fix it i dunno.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Guys

I recently got a nice high end 27 inch IPS, Gsync, 144hz monitor. I like it a lot but I do miss those extra inches from when i had a 32 inch monitor (non Gsync, fairly average).

This is, there does not seem to be a 32 inch, IPS, 2560x1440, 144hz monitor out there..Or at least I havent seen one. So I thought I would ask here in case any of you fine folks knew of one:)

Most if not all 32" monitors are VA based i have not seen any IPS based models.A 32" monitor at 1440p will just give you bigger pixels your not really gaining anything.

Associate
OP
Thing is my eyes arent what they were.... 27 is a touch small. It seems to me that the 2560x1440 rez would hit the sweet spot for performance and size while not requiring I burn the nartional grid in video cards to play games!

But yeah, it seems like a VA or TN is the way.

Soldato
The one in my sig is 32" IPS 1440p only 75mhz but I was pleasantly surprised how well it handles coming from IPS 144mhz 27" gsync. Oh and its G-Sync compatible ! ;)

I was thinking off more recent monitors your's is one of the few IPS 1440p monitors available if you look at more recent 1440p models they are VA based.

Associate
OP
VA's issue, if it has one, is that viewinjg angles arent as good as an IPS. I tend not to play games sat at extrene right or left so im thinking that wouldnt be a problem:)

yeah lads, ive been looking at both of those. Im assuming both are good peformers? Right now I have an Acer Predator 2560x1440, IPS, Gync, 165 hz. It lovely and *very* sharp, but its just a bit too small. Bigger screens tend to err toward 4k which is a pain for text as well as providing grunt to run the thing. I just dont think 4k is worth it (not for my eyes, esp after a drink!).

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking off more recent monitors your's is one of the few IPS 1440p monitors available if you look at more recent 1440p models they are VA based.

Which is why I went for the AOC after a couple of recommendations from OCUK members didnt fancy a VA. Text is never a problem just alter the scaling ! Having had 4k and 1440p quick alter of the setting to suit your eyes and text no problem. On the AOC due to size of the screen 150% is fine, I think on the 27" I had 200%.

Back
Top Bottom